Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukomaldini

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
I ordered a 12.9 256GB Pro and got confirmation of order within 5mins. Im seeing lots of people having theirs shipped but mine (I'm assuming I'm in the first batch) still processing! I spoke to apple and they said its normal for different orders to process at different time but I'm still worried that my weeks of prep to order ASAP may be in vein. Anybody else a bit weirded out by a similar thing?

EDIT: I know that I will get it at the latest on the 27th which I know isn't a big deal, but this is my first major apple purchase since the 2013 MBP and I'm just really excited!

• Love
Reactions: slplss

jackljp

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2021
I have exactly the same configuration as you and mine is being processed. Arrival time is also from the 21st to the 27th.But I ordered it from UK.

Reactions: Lukomaldini

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Everyone in the stickied UK thread is the same. Early orders have a 21-27 estimate but the app shows 27th. It shows the later of the estimates, not the full range. Ordered with 5 minutes I think you’ll have a good chance of getting it next Friday

US is getting notified likely because they’re shipped from China direct. In the UK they are more likely to bulk ship to Hinckley and then send out to us. So we may not see movement on the order until Wednesday/Thursday next week for a 21st delivery

jackljp

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2021
Everyone in the stickied UK thread is the same. Early orders have a 21-27 estimate but the app shows 27th. It shows the later of the estimates, not the full range. Ordered with 5 minutes I think you’ll have a good chance of getting it next Friday

US is getting notified likely because they’re shipped from China direct. In the UK they are more likely to bulk ship to Hinckley and then send out to us. So we may not see movement on the order until Wednesday/Thursday next week for a 21st delivery
This explanation makes perfect sense, thank you!

Lukomaldini

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018

Makes perfect sense! I started to worry when all the US orders started to ship. Never knew apple had a massive depot in Hinckley (slap bang in the middle of the country probably means it’s good for distribution)

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Specifically they are handled by Syncreon and then at some point usually transferred to UPS

ChrisKe

macrumors member
May 29, 2018
Melbourne
I've seen this before with new releases, the weekend before the delivery things start to move and on Monday or Tuesday we see the shipment updates. Sit tight... I'm still pretty confident us early adopters are going to be fulfilled. The later orders are the ones that are gonna get delayed.

Reactions: Lukomaldini

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I ordered a 12.9 256GB Pro and got confirmation of order within 5mins. Im seeing lots of people having theirs shipped but mine (I'm assuming I'm in the first batch) still processing! I spoke to apple and they said its normal for different orders to process at different time but I'm still worried that my weeks of prep to order ASAP may be in vein. Anybody else a bit weirded out by a similar thing?

EDIT: I know that I will get it at the latest on the 27th which I know isn't a big deal, but this is my first major apple purchase since the 2013 MBP and I'm just really excited!

Mine says the 27th and I ordered straight away.

Just curious, did you get the cellular version or WiFi only?

Lukomaldini

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Mine says the 27th and I ordered straight away.

Just curious, did you get the cellular version or WiFi only?
I just got the Wifi version. Some people say that apple provide the latest date possible, so there is a high chance you would get it sooner than that

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
It’s now saying “check back here in a few hours”.

Don’t worry. I am doing!

Luna Vader

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2021
UK
My order has vanished on the website and app! What’s that all about? Updating?
Mine was too, I was terrified, hopefully it gets resolved.
I checked and my card hasn’t been charged… so IDK…

I had a June 16 delivery date (purchase made 16 mins before the beginning of the sale ?)…

Lukomaldini

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2018
Good news. My order is back online at processing via the app (21-27th delivery). Looks like the store took a quick break!

jackljp

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2021
My orders back but just says 27th May.
1621170512896.png

Mine is like this

Reactions: MacMandy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.