Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dprice6942

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I just got the iPad Pro 9.7 yesterday and am trying to use my Belkin bluetooth keyboard with it. Works perfectly fine with my iPad Air 2, but it is just not finding the device under Bluetooth. I have tried turning Bluetooth off and on and rebooting iPad as well. Anyone have any ideas of have had this happen?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Maybe a stupid question - but have you put the keyboard into pairing mode when searching for it on the iPad?

Reactions: Cascades42

Cascades42

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2016
UK
The keyboard isn't connecting to the other iPad automatically is it? If so try forgetting it from your Air 2, or if you don't want to do that then turn Bluetooth off on it temporarily.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
That is what I had to do with mine -- I was out on the deck with the new iPad and the Apple BT keyboard but it was failing to pair until I remembered that it was probably still pairing with the iPad Air 2, which was sitting in the living room. Came into the house, "forgot" the BT keyboard on that device, went back outside and, voila! Was able to pair with the new iPad Pro with no further problems.

dprice6942

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
That is what I had to do with mine -- I was out on the deck with the new iPad and the Apple BT keyboard but it was failing to pair until I remembered that it was probably still pairing with the iPad Air 2, which was sitting in the living room. Came into the house, "forgot" the BT keyboard on that device, went back outside and, voila! Was able to pair with the new iPad Pro with no further problems.

Ok, that did it - thanks for the suggestion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.