Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
Is anybody else experiencing lag or stutter throughout iOS 9.3 on the iPad Pro 9.7 frequently? I would've imagined that the A9X and iOS 9.3 would've provided a smooth asf experience just like it did with the iPhone but no, it stutters like the performance of an iPad 3 on iOS 9.

Reactions: spriter

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Is anybody else experiencing lag or stutter throughout iOS 9.3 on the iPad Pro 9.7 frequently? I would've imagined that the A9X and iOS 9.3 would've provided a smooth asf experience just like it did with the iPhone but no, it stutters like the performance of an iPad 3 on iOS 9.
I am super OCD about these things and yes there is the tiniest amount of micro stutter. But I attribute that to much needed optimization not a lack or CPU or GPU power.

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
I am not the one whining about a stuttering iPad and implying they all do just because mine does. There is such a thing as DEFECTS. Every human product has them.

And I am happy you are amused.
I am more than aware of things such as DEFECTS. But for you to say that you don't experience heat or vibrations is BS lol

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008

Are you experiencing it in certain repeatable circumstances, or is it dropping frames constantly all over at random?

There are specific actions that trigger frame drops in a consistent and reproducable manner on mine, and I suspect it's software related.

If it is stuttering all over, that sounds abnormal and it might be a hardware issue or in need of a restore. I'd definitely get it looked at in that case. I came from an iPad 3 and it would be quite distressing if it lagged as bad as that thing was.

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
Are you experiencing it in certain repeatable circumstances, or is it dropping frames constantly all over at random?

There are specific actions that trigger frame drops in a consistent and reproducable manner on mine, and I suspect it's software related.

If it is stuttering all over, that sounds abnormal and it might be a hardware issue or in need of a restore. I'd definitely get it looked at in that case. I came from an iPad 3 and it would be quite distressing if it lagged as bad as that thing was.
Opening apps, pulling up the keyboard, going into multitasking view, general sluggishness and drop in frame rates. I assume it's software so I'll wait for any incoming updates, but if it persists I'll visit the Genius Bar.
[doublepost=1459892087][/doublepost]
Well, what can I tell you. I don't. I am glad you feel qualified to tell me what I feel and don't feel on the iPads I own.

BTW, how's my iPhone working?
Well I'm glad you have a perfect iPad, I'm ever so envious!!11!!1

Sorry I'm not qualified to tell you how you feel with your iPhone, only your iPads. :(

Reactions: ZBoater

Cal MR

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Wanted to note that since getting one on release day, no stutter, no vibrations, or other issues. Using it 8 hours/day. 32 Gb wifi only model. Might be helpful to indicate if you are using cellular or not.

Viper2005

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2007

Is it new? Did you just set it up within the last 24 hours? A little animation lag and stutter is normal for the first little bit as the system does background iCloud syncing and spotlighting. This is true for all iOS devices that I have used.
If its still laggy after a few days then that is a problem.

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
After the initial set up, and downloading of music and photo library from the iCloud, I haven't experienced these problems other people seem to be experiencing :( , hopefully it is something that Apple will fix with an update.

Using a cellular 9.7 iPad Pro if that makes a difference

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
Is it new? Did you just set it up within the last 24 hours? A little animation lag and stutter is normal for the first little bit as the system does background iCloud syncing and spotlighting. This is true for all iOS devices that I have used.
If its still laggy after a few days then that is a problem.
I've had it since launch day

Sweeperdk

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Århus, Denmark
No issues here. Not sure what to say...

Can we agree that people are experiencing different things? Some have iPP's with no issues, some have iPP's with issues.

Honestly, I don't understand why someone would tear into others that state that they have iPP's without issues.

So from my end: No dust, no vibration when listening to music that I find out of the ordinary. No lag. No lag when using the pencil either. My iPP just works.

Sorry.

Reactions: bevsb2 and HiItsMe

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
No issues here. Not sure what to say...

Can we agree that people are experiencing different things? Some have iPP's with no issues, some have iPP's with issues.

Honestly, I don't understand why someone would tear into others that state that they have iPP's without issues.

So from my end: No dust, no vibration when listening to music that I find out of the ordinary. No lag. No lag when using the pencil either. My iPP just works.

Sorry.
I didn't mean vibration out of the ordinary, when I said to the other person, I meant just vibration of any sort from listening to music which is BOUND to happen because sound is vibrations.

I wasn't tearing into others regarding whether they had a perfect iPP or not, I was addressing the fact that ZBoater stated they haven't experienced vibrations or heat, which both are no doubt going to occur if you throw the volume all the way up or play a graphics intensive game. Maybe if they said 'unusual amounts' of vibrations or heat, I would've understood but they didn't :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.