Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tshipley85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Nashville, TN
I love using my iPad Pro 12.9" and am seeking to improve my workflow and efficiency.

I have always used Dropbox more so than any other Cloud storage platform. I use it on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. I also use Google Drive to store some files I occasionally need. Id say 85% of all the files I store on a cloud platform are PDFs. I frequently use Office 365 and Pages on my iPad.

While I do not care for the lack of functionality of the Google Docs apps, I do appreciate their integration and collaborative capabilities.

What have your experiences been using Dropbox or Google Drive on your iPad Pro? What works best in your workflow. Any insight you can share from your experiences is appreciated as I evaluate my own workflow.

stzweb

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2017
By habits, I use Google drive more frequently as a cloud storage and transfert tool, but with the iPad, I find statistically dropbox more convenient because it is in almost every software in the list of locations to open or save files, so when I have to switch between softwares, it is often easier with dropbox, specially for pictures editing or web pages production.

For documents I use Google drive and google docs or sheets, or Polaris, that can access Google drive, so no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.