Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm giving strong thought to ditching the iPad mini 2 and iPad Air 2 listed in my signature (the former because most of what I have used it for has run its course thereby making it needlessly redundant and the latter because given the rampant display issues I've had [I'm on my fourth unit and while it's fine now, it feels like a ticking time bomb]). My mini 4 is 128GB, so I figure I'll just take a break from 9.7" iPad-land for a while and maybe go with a 32GB 12.9" Pro.

That said, given that the 12.9" iPad Pro uses a relatively new display resolution, I'm wondering whether my core apps run natively at said resolution:

- iWork Apps (I know these are native)
- Facebook (Last I heard [February], it isn't native)
- Facebook Messenger (I have heard that this one is native)
- Hearthstone
- Apple Store (I figure this one is native)
- YouTube (I know this one is native)
- Netflix (I know this one is native)
- HBO Now
- Google Play Movies and TV (I just asked in a different post and was told that this still isn't native)
- Amazon
- eBay
- IMDb
- Wikipedia
- iTunes Trailers
- Mactracker
- Spaceteam
- OKCupid
- Google Hangouts (I hear this one is native)
- Plex (I hear this one is native)
- Yelp
- Catan HD
- Can't Stop
- Swifty
- Airport Utility (I figure this one has to be native)
- Twitch
- Dropbox (I hear this one is native)
- Apple Remote (I figure this one is native)
- Shazam

If you use any of these apps on your 12.9" iPad Pro and/or know the current state of compatibility with them, please do let me know. Thanks in advance.

Cascades42

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2016
UK
  • Facebook - nope, not native.
  • Amazon - yes!
  • eBay - not native.
  • IMDb - not native.
  • Wikipedia - native, assuming you're talking about the one from the Wikimedia Foundation.
  • Google Hangouts - native.
  • iTunes Trailers - native.

Sorry I can't help with more!

Last edited:

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
  • Facebook - nope, not native.
  • Amazon - yes!
  • eBay - not native.
  • IMDb - not native.
  • Wikipedia - native, assuming you're talking about the one from the Wikimedia Foundation.
  • Google Hangouts - native.
  • iTunes Trailers - native.
Sorry I can't help with more!
No worries, man! Thanks for that much, at least!

I heard that Hearthstone isn't native and, as a result, it's insanely glitchy in ways that it isn't on the 9.7" iPad Pro or iPad Air or the minis. Sadly that's a bit of a dealbreaker. kind of astounding that we are now five months into the 12.9" iPad Pro's existence and fundamentals like eBay, IMDb, and Facebook are all not optimized for it yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.