Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nafai23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Even in Apple's own iPad pro optimized sections half the apps aren't actually running at native Rez.

As much as I love my iPad pro, if the updates do not come before return window it is going back.

Reactions: sonicrobby

hiddenmarkov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2014
Japan
If lucky....many are stuck pending approval on submission to release.

If unlucky....the Xcode that supported IPP development was only announced at basically the same time as the IPP. May be some lag time till you see development with IPP in mind. Tin foil hat time but some apps I gather had really advanced special release access. I would not be surprised if adobe did for example. They were part of the unveiling presentation. Look what you can do with this as their app was run.

Knowing how things like this go (I support conferences and such for my executives IT wise....nothing is left to chance if can be helped and many things tightened up that normally don't happen with a quickness) tin foil hat is telling me adobe got extra time with the product if not apple engineers at least on speed dial. can't have the star of the show failing in some way.

Also have to factor in all may not even bend over backwards here. Here is where I will keep an eye out personally. Up till now a general trend has been use Xcode's/iOS standard magnifications basically to have app out the door that runs no issues on phone, mini, regular iPad. One low app store price, various devices covered...nice development hook up there. Will this change? Time will tell. iOS app not like regular ones. Even I forgive many sins with the blanket statement of well its only a buck or 2. I am less forgiving on my $99 applications (lowest price usually to start at) on rMBP or other systems (work/business need to use windows still).

Last edited:

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Even in Apple's own iPad pro optimized sections half the apps aren't actually running at native Rez.

As much as I love my iPad pro, if the updates do not come before return window it is going back.

I hear ya!
Instead of beefing up Apple's own office apps (Keynote, Pages) to support inking, they showcased Microsoft's Office. They totally passed up a golden opportunity to convert MS Office users to Apple's own apps.

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Apps like the Apple Store app aren't even updated which I find odd. Apple are at times, very slow to update that app. It only received Touch ID not that long ago!

The whole iWork suite could have been given such a good overhaul and wasn't. No Final Cut Pro for the iPad pro either which is disappointing.

I will be happy if Adobe at least beefs up the photoshop and Lightroom apps to make it at least ¼ of what the desktop apps are!

I'm sure it will all get there soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.