Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geekfest84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2015
Newark
Hi, does anybody know if the iPad pro will play standard ipad apps without the app publisher having to alter them? Just wonder if games like ffvii would work or baldur's gate and look good on the bigger screen :)

Thanks

Ian

ooans

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
When the Pro is released there will be very few apps that have been optimized for it. I am also interested in how will non-optimized iPad apps look on it. It might be like running iPhone apps on the iPad... (horrible)

ooans

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Hope the developers do better with the iPad Pro than the Apple Watch. Does not seem like the developers have much interest in writing apps for the watch.

This is partially because quite few apps are good for the Watch, and also the first OS version had really crappy support for them.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
I suspect they'll cost a little bit more, seems logical and here is hoping some of the more forward thinking developers are working on updates as we speak. Adobe will likely be first to bat with CC Mobile apps. I don't think it will take long for iPad Pro apps to be released, it's a new toy and everyone wants to try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.