Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guyguy17

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
I am looking for a case similar to the Otterbox Defender to put on an iPad Pro (10.5-inch) 1st or 2nd generation. I am not looking for a "smart" cover or any case/keyboard combo and no folio either. Just a straight up case that will protect the iPad Pro.

Any suggestions?

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I am looking for a case similar to the Otterbox Defender to put on an iPad Pro (10.5-inch) 1st or 2nd generation. I am not looking for a "smart" cover or any case/keyboard combo and no folio either. Just a straight up case that will protect the iPad Pro.

Any suggestions?

guyguy17

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
@LibbyLA- I was told by Otterbox themselves that the iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Defender case is NOT designed for the 1st or 2nd generation iPads but for iPad Pro (10.5-inch) 3RD GENERATION. I was getting conflicting stories.

@AutomaticApple- Do you use the Zenrich case? If so, is it similar to the Defender?

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
@LibbyLA- I was told by Otterbox themselves that the iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Defender case is NOT designed for the 1st or 2nd generation iPads but for iPad Pro (10.5-inch) 3RD GENERATION. I was getting conflicting stories.

@AutomaticApple- Do you use the Zenrich case? If so, is it similar to the Defender?
All I can do is post what popped up on Amazon. Can’t vouch for the accuracy of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.