Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
Hi folks!

A bit random but I need some help on a specific app and it’s data transfer.

I have an iPad Pro 11 inch GEN one running the latest software and I am using an app that is seemingly no longer being looked after, but still works absolutely fine for my needs.

The app transferred to my new iPad Pro with no issues also running the latest software, but is requiring me to login before I can access all of my saved data in the app.

It seems to me that they are no longer paying for cloud storage or servers so my login attempts failed.

The app is larger than the basic download so that leads me to believe my data and saved and information is still there. I just can’t get past the login.

Is all hope lost? Do I need to keep my old iPad for as long as it can function? If this is an application I want to continue to use or is there a way to transfer data to the new iPad that will allow me to somehow sidestep the login?

At this point, my iPad Pro 11 inch GEN one still runs the app flawlessly and has not required me to login or re-login in years. I am not brave enough to log out to see what happens.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
Hi again… Did a little bit more research and I’m not sure if I’m gonna have any luck…

With that being said, I started messing with both iPads side-by-side, and I have a first generation iPad Pro 11 inch versus the third generation with the M1.

Am I missing something or is there not that much of a massive boost in day-to-day use? I understand for video processing and photo editing there is going to be a night and day difference but day today? I didn’t notice much of any difference.

I’m torn between keeping just the first gen for that specific app or returning the third gen back in because I don’t want to lose this application.

Any thoughts on that?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Hi again… Did a little bit more research and I’m not sure if I’m gonna have any luck…

With that being said, I started messing with both iPads side-by-side, and I have a first generation iPad Pro 11 inch versus the third generation with the M1.

Am I missing something or is there not that much of a massive boost in day-to-day use? I understand for video processing and photo editing there is going to be a night and day difference but day today? I didn’t notice much of any difference.

I’m torn between keeping just the first gen for that specific app or returning the third gen back in because I don’t want to lose this application.

Any thoughts on that?

For most general-purpose work, you're not going to see a night/day difference. Going to the M1, I saw improvements in 4K video edit rendering and large format RAW photo image processing but for most other day-to-day things, not a significant, really noticeable difference. Gaming is another area where you would see improvements. Go with the device that fulfills the majority of your needs/usage and don't get hung up on specs.

Reactions: JSENNY25

JSENNY25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
For most general-purpose work, you're not going to see a night/day difference. Going to the M1, I saw improvements in 4K video edit rendering and large format RAW photo image processing but for most other day-to-day things, not a significant, really noticeable difference. Gaming is another area where you would see improvements. Go with the device that fulfills the majority of your needs/usage and don't get hung up on specs.
Great points. Thanks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.