Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applefan2015

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
Following on from this thread here:

My iPad is still closing apps randomly.

I thought it was linked to the iOS 14 beta. So factory reset the device.

Can anyone assist me before i contact Apple? I have no AppleCare

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I think more details would be helpful. Is it closing the same apps randomly, or is it closing different apps randomly? When you restored your device, did you restore as new or from a backup?

kaylaesq

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2015
Since I added iOS13.6.1, my iPad Pro screen continually freezes. Of course I have to reboot, at least 8 times a day. Can I remove this update until Apple fixes it?
If so, how?

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Since I added iOS13.6.1, my iPad Pro screen continually freezes. Of course I have to reboot, at least 8 times a day. Can I remove this update until Apple fixes it?
If so, how?

No you can't remove it. Apple no longer is signing 13.6

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
If so, how?
If you could be sure that it is actually the fault of iOS 13.6.1 you can hope that Apple will fix it in an upcoming update. However, there are many other potential causes for unexpected behavior like this - a bug in a particular app due to incompatibility with 13.6.1 (maybe there are app updates to install), an error during the OS installation, a bit of corrupted data....

So, start by updating all your apps. See if you can isolate the freezes to using a particular app/performing a particular task. If necessary, a Restore iPad (erase/reinstall of the OS and all apps and data)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.