Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codefinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
Hi all,

So been loving my new iPad Pro, but yesterday I experienced some issues with the virtual keyboard, a delay of about 4-6 seconds before it shows up.

Example: I launched safari and went to address bar and it launched immediately. So went to google and went to search for something, soon as I put the cursor in the text box, the gray bar would appear on the bottom, but at least 4 seconds before the keyboard displayed.

I tried resetting the keyboard dictionary, but didn't resolve anything.

Anyone else experience this issue.

Thx.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Hi all,

So been loving my new iPad Pro, but yesterday I experienced some issues with the virtual keyboard, a delay of about 4-6 seconds before it shows up.

Example: I launched safari and went to address bar and it launched immediately. So went to google and went to search for something, soon as I put the cursor in the text box, the gray bar would appear on the bottom, but at least 4 seconds before the keyboard displayed.

I tried resetting the keyboard dictionary, but didn't resolve anything.

Anyone else experience this issue.

Thx.

Did you try closing all apps and restarting the IPP?

codefinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
yeah i did, erasing all content and settings now to see if that helps. If it doesn't I'll do a setup from scratch in itunes.

codefinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
I did the "erase all contents and settings" and it is now working normal. Phew!!

Now to restore. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.