Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lazkano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Hi,

I have had a problem for almost a month that is driving me nuts, and finnally decided to write here in order to find a solution. I had an ipad pro (2018) 11 inch, that once started freezing with my magic keyboard, generally when I used Telegram and Twitter, but lagged and freezed also with safari. It did not stop. I would reset, then it came back to normal but after some time started to lag again, very badly. Sometines it was unnusable. I had everything updated, free storage space... I factory resetted and well, at first worked well, but suddenly started freezing again, days later. Well, I sold the ipad for a good price and bought the 2021 model, 11 inch, 256 wifi. It started well, but it is lagging again, the same way. I dont know if its related to the magic keyboard, or telegram using too much ram... I don't really know, but I am getting tired. The ipad is lagging badly, and this is a poor experience for such an expensive product. Does anyone have the same problem? Do you have any advice? Could be related to the magic keyboard?
Just to let you know, I have tried all the basic and common solutions adviced out there.

Thanks in advance,
Lazkano

Last edited:

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Does the device lag when you are not using the keyboard? I'd try that first and see if it resolves the issue.

Lazkano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
I am goint to try that and see if its telegram related or it's basically a magic keyboard problem. Thanks ;)

Lazkano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
It seems to be related to the magic keyboard attached to the ipad... What should I do? I had it for a long time (almost since launch day), and did not have any problem the first months...

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It seems to be related to the magic keyboard attached to the ipad... What should I do? I had it for a long time (almost since launch day), and did not have any problem the first months...

If you really are able to isolate the issue towards the keyboard and that is out of warranty, see if you find anything visually stuck, pins dirty etc.
Other than that it may be defective and need replacement.

Lazkano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
I do not think I can return it, but maybe I will bring it to the closest apple store to see if they can see the problem and change it for another one. Thanks

Genius Elon

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
I have exactly the same issue with Wechat. Do you encounter such problem only when you unlock the device, and the app would freezes for about 10 secs? If yes, you may try light up the screen/unlock by tapping the screen, rather than using the keyboard to unlock. Pls try and let me know whether it helps.

Moyapilot

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2015
I used to have a similar issue, but only with the News app using a 2018 IPP 11" and the MK. It stopped happening after a while though.

I think I would try to clean the 3 pin connectors with some isopropyl and also hard reset the iPad. If not, then yes taking it to the Apple Store is next logical step. If you do end up doing that, please let us know what they said as it could help others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.