Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McPaul

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Vancouver
There seems to be too much wiggle room in the port. I've tried multiple cables, and other C devices charge with them fine. Sometimes it will charge if I press the cable end very firmly but not all the time.

Has anyone else experienced similar? and what was the solve?

Thank you!

UnlikelyLass

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2016
I’ve had my M1 iPad Pro 11” spontaneously stop charging with cables and chargers which had previously worked, and work for charging other devices. In my case, power the iPad off and then starting it back up got it to start behaving – it wasn’t the port connection tightness, it required a reboot.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Which cables/chargers have you tried - Apple ones?

Any lint or obstructions in the port? Pin is straight?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
My 12.9 M1 iPad has the same issue. If I do a reboot then it will charge again. Gets frustrating. Just happened again today.

McPaul

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Vancouver
I’ve had my M1 iPad Pro 11” spontaneously stop charging with cables and chargers which had previously worked, and work for charging other devices. In my case, power the iPad off and then starting it back up got it to start behaving – it wasn’t the port connection tightness, it required a reboot.
Yes, sometimes a reboot works but not always. Thank you!

McPaul

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Vancouver
Which cables/chargers have you tried - Apple ones?

Any lint or obstructions in the port? Pin is straight?
I have 2 Apple chargers and 2 anker ones that I just bought. One of the Apple chargers is for my 16”mbp.
oh, and I also have another which was Google.
Can’t really tell if there is lint or obstructions in the port or the pin is straight. Maybe I get flashlight and look? But I think that would solve the problem with the cable was too tight in the court. My problem is the cable is too loose in the port.

McPaul

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Vancouver
My 12.9 M1 iPad has the same issue. If I do a reboot then it will charge again. Gets frustrating. Just happened again today.
Yes I haven’t been able to use it all weekend but it’s charging now thankfully!

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
I had this issue when I upgraded to iPadOS 17.

A simple complete reinstall fixed this issue for me.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I had this issue when I upgraded to iPadOS 17.

A simple complete reinstall fixed this issue for me.
So - you did a clean install and reloaded everything from scratch? Or reinstall and then download everything from your iCloud backup?

When this happened to you, did a reboot always fix the charging issue? So, far that works from me.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
So - you did a clean install and reloaded everything from scratch? Or reinstall and then download everything from your iCloud backup?

When this happened to you, did a reboot always fix the charging issue? So, far that works from me.

Yes, clean install and reinstalled everything from scratch.

A reboot didn't garantuee that the issue was fixed. I was almost worried I had to buy a new iPad, but luckly it is fixed now as I haven't run into this anymore.

Reactions: GDF

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Yes, clean install and reinstalled everything from scratch.

A reboot didn't garantuee that the issue was fixed. I was almost worried I had to buy a new iPad, but luckly it is fixed now as I haven't run into this anymore.
Thank you. I will try that - just takes so long to start from scratch and download apps, etc one at a time.

aibloop

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2020
I fixed mine with a q-tip and some alcohol (turn off the iPad) The amazon long usb-c cable connector was bad and left residue in the port.

Cheap is cheap for a reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.