Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CPmav

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Lexington, KY
Is anyone else seeing their iPad screen occasionally flicker on iPadOS 17? I’m trying to figure out if it’s a beta issue, or if I’m having a hardware problem.

Thanks!!

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
yup, i get that too

i'm restoring to ipados 16 to see, but i suspect it's a beta issue if you just started getting it like i did

12.9 m2

Last edited:

CPmav

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Lexington, KY
Good to know it’s not just my iPad! I don’t mind waiting for a fix, just happy it sounds like software and not hardware.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Same here! Was hoping to see a thread like this. Happy its likely not a hardware issue.

Paul Cordingley

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2019
Sydney, Australia
It's not completely fixed.

There is still flicker when I slide widgets over the home screen from the left. The whole screen blurs and goes dim - and flickers. Then for a while the home screen flickers, and then it stops. Same if you scroll the home screen to the app library.

Reactions: Evomasta

warrior30

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
I’m on iPad Pro m2, iOS 17 public beta 2, used in anger for 3 days, not had any of the above mentioned issues with screen flicker.

Reactions: Evomasta

Kissmo1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2021
Confirmed it happens but only when I connect to an external monitor.
iPad pro 12.9, M2 on a Samsung Odyssey Neo G8

Eric-H

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2023
I disabled Automatic brightness adjustment and it's not replicating anymore.

I hope hey will fix this eventually - I will miss this functionality until then...
Sorry not at my Pro M2 … it’s when the CPU/GPU are using, then the screen flickering all the time in all conditions.
IPWS doesn’t help.
Hope it will be fixed before Finalizing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.