Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n1ghtrain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
Has anyone ordered a decent tempered glass for the new iPad Pros? I'm getting my 11" today and been looking for suggestions.

ESR seems a nice choise but if anyone has somenting else in mind, I'll love to read it. Thanks.

rogertoh16

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2013
Was looking into ESR too. But have to order $60 any above, there will be free delivery.
Those with iPad Bluetooth keyboard bundle tempered glass seems to be a good buy.

I bought Zeelot Pureglass tempered glass. But I wouldn't recommend ...
Not really easy to apply. And I notice the front camera cutout... seem to cover 1 of the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_1741.jpeg
    IMG_1741.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: n1ghtrain

n1ghtrain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
I bought the Zagg and already took it off because it blocked the Face ID cameras and they didn't work. Luckily I can return it to Amazon but still disappointing
Probably the worst tempered glass I've ever bought for iPh.

Absolute garbage.

I always use one and purchased AMfilm from Amazon. $10 for a two pack. No issues and perfect install with no bubbles
Thank you! I've just ordered it.

Reactions: Chevyguy2021

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Did you find one for the 13 inch iPad Pro. I ordered one from amazon and they shipped the wrong one for the older version.
They have it on Amazon. I thought the same, but they didn’t have a new box for the new iPads. What’s inside was correct for me. There’s a notch on the long side for the camera and sensors now.

Reactions: gagee

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
They have it on Amazon. I thought the same, but they didn’t have a new box for the new iPads. What’s inside was correct for me. There’s a notch on the long side for the camera and sensors now.
lol damn I returned it yesterday i didnt even open it to see because i saw the picture. Can you post pics with it installed when you have a chance?

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
I long for a notchless protector. I have some old ones that have no notch and works fine with face ID. But they no longer fit the new iPad Pro 11.

Reactions: emporiky

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Did you find one for the 13 inch iPad Pro. I ordered one from amazon and they shipped the wrong one for the older version.
Make sure to open the box.. mine also came in a box that showed an older iPad… but inside is the correct version.

Edit - oops, sorry, someone already posted this.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Make sure to open the box.. mine also came in a box that showed an older iPad… but inside is the correct version.

Edit - oops, sorry, someone already posted this.
Ok thanks. Good to know. I will re-order lol.

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
ESR here, works ver well & at a good price w/ fancy idiot-proof applicator. Two models: one is the usual 9H tempered glass the other a bit pricier, supposedly indestructible ‘Amorite’ version. Also some paper feel options.

Reactions: gagee

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
ESR here, works ver well & at a good price w/ fancy idiot-proof applicator. Two models: one is the usual 9H tempered glass the other a bit pricier, supposedly indestructible ‘Amorite’ version. Also some paper feel options.
I got the paperfeel one to have something until the Amorite one arrives. If I’m not mistaken, the date it’s supposed to arrive is 5/24.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
So I purchased the ESR glass screen protector for the iPad Pro 13.. but I didn’t get the slightly more expensive Amorite version.. what am I missing by not getting that version? Anyone who has experience with that version?

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
So I purchased the ESR glass screen protector for the iPad Pro 13.. but I didn’t get the slightly more expensive Amorite version.. what am I missing by not getting that version? Anyone who has experience with that version?
I have had a 9H screen protector on my M2 since shortly after getting it in 11/22. I’d say that the only thing you’re missing is paying extra money. The screen protector has been perfect for a year and a half. Not a scratch on it.

This is the one I got for the 2022 12.9.

Reactions: RedlegsFan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.