Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
If iPad Pro retail and online orders go on sale simultaneously on November 11, (rather than on-line pre-orders taking place several days in advance of the actual product release), does that mean the on-line sales will start a minute after midnight on 11/11? Or later in the morning? Should one request store pickup or have it delivered?

What is the optimal purchase strategy do you think?

Robinajax1

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
laren
If iPad Pro retail and online orders go on sale simultaneously on November 11, (rather than on-line pre-orders taking place several days in advance of the actual product release), does that mean the on-line sales will start a minute after midnight on 11/11? Or later in the morning? Should one request store pickup or have it delivered?

We will hear more soon...

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
I will order on Nov 13th. within 14 days return period in case they add promotion for Black Friday the 27th.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I HOPE there are preorders. I am nervous about them just being SOLD outright, seems like they will sell out fast. I guess the same happens with preorders, but still....

Ahh.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
wait until you we hear more...they might open up preorders like they did for the apple tv

Oh no! If they do I hope it's nothing like the Apple TV pre orders. They are available in the stores before a lot of the pre orders were supposed to be delivered.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
Also, seems odd that it would be released on Veterans Day. I feel like Apple wouldn't do that. It also is an odd day of the week. Seems like they always release on Fridays.

Robinajax1

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
laren
Also, seems odd that it would be released on Veterans Day. I feel like Apple wouldn't do that. It also is an odd day of the week. Seems like they always release on Fridays.
Yep still hoping for a release this friday 6th but don't think do haha

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015

No need to panic..it won't go out of stock.

noslenam

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Tell me more. How did the Apple TV pre-order situation unfold?

Well my pre order hasn't gone very well. I purchased. 64gb ATV that was originally to be delivered yesterday. Well UPS sent me an email saying they incorrectly sorted my package and it is now delayed. If I have the option on the ipad pro I'll purchase with a store pickup. To many problems with ups orders in the last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickyD410

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Well my pre order hasn't gone very well. I purchased. 64gb ATV that was originally to be delivered yesterday. Well UPS sent me an email saying they incorrectly sorted my package and it is now delayed. If I have the option on the ipad pro I'll purchase with a store pickup. To many problems with ups orders in the last year.

That is exactly the story of my Apple Watch order! UPS... Don't even get me started.

Seems like store pickup might be safer in this instance, if preorders are truly simultaneous with in-store orders. (Of course, why not order both ways and return whatever arrives second?)

nickyD410

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Im hoping they do pre order for instore pickup too.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
My ordering strategy is:

1. Walk into store
2. Pay with credit card
3. Enjoy the iPad
4. Patiently wait for AstroPad
5. In 30 days pay off credit card

Reactions: tekchic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.