Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Palm rejection is not working for me after the 12.3. Beta update. When I try to write in notes, the screen jumps around. I tried a few drawing/coloring apps and its the same story. I wonder if anyone else has the same experience or if its just me.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Nothing here or the other thread. Seems it’s just me with the issue. That is what I wanted to know.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Same thing here. File a bug report in the Feedback app, it’s what I did. Definitely is broken at a system level. Everything from Notes to Procreate to Notability is affected for me. It’s such a fundamental part of iOS for iPad that I’m sure it will get fixed fast.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Same thing here. File a bug report in the Feedback app, it’s what I did. Definitely is broken at a system level. Everything from Notes to Procreate to Notability is affected for me. It’s such a fundamental part of iOS for iPad that I’m sure it will get fixed fast.
Hope so. I filed a report as well.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
For the completeness of the thread: also post if you're on an "old" iPad Pro or new one, and what pencil you're using.

My old fat iPad Pro is at home, so I'll test later tonight. (and since it's an old iPad, it's the first Apple Pencil ofc)

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Release notes said "3rd Gen iPad Pros" for the palm rejection. This would also be known as the 11" and new 12.9" models.

I read that and was an immediate deal breaker. Fingers crossed the new update pushes today and I can get off of this horrible 12.3 update. It's sad when most of the betas have been more stable than the final release of software.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Release notes said "3rd Gen iPad Pros" for the palm rejection. This would also be known as the 11" and new 12.9" models.

I read that and was an immediate deal breaker. Fingers crossed the new update pushes today and I can get off of this horrible 12.3 update. It's sad when most of the betas have been more stable than the final release of software.
I have not seen the notes, when I look at the developer page I see nothing. I looked before the update and didn't see anything either.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
Last edited:

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
It’s under the macrumors notes on release. Not sure where they got them but that’s where I read it.
I usually read what’s posted there before updating.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-12-3-beta-1-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2175239/.

Here's the link for it. It's also at the top of the page for iOS 12.3 beta. First link in the sticky area.

This is a great place to always look first before doing an update FYI.
Yea, that was added after the update was installed for me. I updated a few minutes after release. I take full responsibility for having done so. My thread here was to see if it was just me, its not so I'm good. When its just me its harder to address. I can wait it out for the fix. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.