Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
It’s been over 2 weeks since I got the iPad Pro and I now would like to return it. I started the returns process online on Thursday (1 day before the 14 day deadline) and the return instructions say I need to ship it back to Apple by June 19th. Can I take the iPad Pro back to the Apple Store I bought it from originally? Will they take it back or do I need to actually ship it instead?

Reactions: calstanford

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
It’s been over 2 weeks since I got the iPad Pro and I now would like to return it. I started the returns process online on Thursday (1 day before the 14 day deadline) and the return instructions say I need to ship it back to Apple by June 19th. Can I take the iPad Pro back to the Apple Store I bought it from originally? Will they take it back or do I need to actually ship it instead?
Try the store or at least call them. I bought a new 12.9 with a trade-in. I had a store pick-up but they mailed the box. I took the old iPad in with me and they let me do the trade-in there; I tossed the box.

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
Try the store or at least call them. I bought a new 12.9 with a trade-in. I had a store pick-up but they mailed the box. I took the old iPad in with me and they let me do the trade-in there; I tossed the box.
Ok i will talk to them tomorrow.

Last edited:

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
I purchased an iPad a good few years ago online, then received it and on the last day I created the return..

Few says later I walked into the Apple store (Aberdeen) and proceeded to return it, but then was told I couldn’t

Only because I had let it lapse over the 14 days, even though I started the return in the last day giving me another 13/14 days. After a big song and dance they eventually did, but they were just being difficult. That was just after the tike when they didn’t accept online returns into store, even though its the same company!

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Why risk retuning after deadline? Why not ask apple for a extension on your return date.

Thact’s what I’ll be doing for my magic keyboard, since apple stores are currently closed here at the moment.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

1. As long as you started the return process before he deadline, it can reach them after the deadline and thst ids OK.

2. Once you start the return pricess online, I don't think you can take it to the store (I think). At least not after the deadline.

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
Why risk retuning after deadline? Why not ask apple for a extension on your return date.
I mean I have. When you start the return process, you get another 14 days to return it to Apple. What I am asking here is, can I return to the store I got the iPad from?

here’s the timeline:

May 21st - I pick up the iPad Pro from my local Apple Store
June 2nd - I start the return process and get 14 days extra to return
June 4th - The default 14 day deadline
June 17th - The extended 14 day deadline

I have passed the first 14 day deadline, but now I have another 14 days to return it. Can I still go and return it to the Apple Store I got the iPad from on May 21st? Or do I need to ship it to Apple instead as it says in the return instructions?

Reactions: LFC2020

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
In my experience the Apple Store won’t let you. Last year, when I tried to return my Mac mini at an Apple store, they told me I’m past my return period and that the online store system is different than their in store system. I had to still return it via online.

• Sad

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
why not just print out the free return label and drop if off? Are you far from a fedex kinkos or other store. Apple can do both if you are not near a fedex.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You should be able to. Show them the online return paperwork. If they deny, mail it.

I have been able to do such before, although that hasn't been in the last year so policy may have changed.

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
why not just print out the free return label and drop if off? Are you far from a fedex kinkos or other store. Apple can do both if you are not near a fedex.

I don’t have a printer also I wanna pick up a different iPad Pro so want to get both the return and purchase done on the same day when I visit the Apple Store.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
I don’t have a printer also I wanna pick up a different iPad Pro so want to get both the return and purchase done on the same day when I visit the Apple Store.
Then email the label to the store you’re dropping it off to. They will print it for $399. That’s how much I pay at least for UPS

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
In my experience the Apple Store won’t let you. Last year, when I tried to return my Mac mini at an Apple store, they told me I’m past my return period and that the online store system is different than their in store system. I had to still return it via online.
So if you’ve selected return via online and haven’t filled out anything and change your mind and would rather return the item in store and your return date hasn’t passed, you should be good to go? 🤔

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
So if you’ve selected return via online and haven’t filled out anything and change your mind and would rather return the item in store and your return date hasn’t passed, you should be good to go? ?
Yes. I have experienced this in the past. Never had an issue. Didn’t think it could be an issue honestly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.