Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thinayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Hi All, I've been eagerly watching my iPad's journey from China to my doorstep... Reported to be delivered tomorrow!

Then it got to Kentucky, and there were no status updates for a whole day. Now it's back to being in China again with no reported delivery date.

Is this a sign of snags in Apple's delivery system, or did I get my iPad stolen by someone?

Anybody else experience this yet??

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-19%20at%2012.21.49%20PM.png

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Hi All, I've been eagerly watching my iPad's journey from China to my doorstep... Reported to be delivered tomorrow!

Then it got to Kentucky, and there were no status updates for a whole day. Now it's back to being in China again with no reported delivery date.

Is this a sign of snags in Apple's delivery system, or did I get my iPad stolen by someone?

Anybody else experience this yet??

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-19%20at%2012.21.49%20PM.png

Mine did the EXACT same thing. Mine went to Louisville and then "back" to Hong Kong... and is scheduled for delivery today.

thinayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Umm, unless there are MacRumors members who are also UPS Customer Service Reps, your best bet is to call UPS and ask THEM.

Just sayin.

I've just never seen this before, although I have ordered a lot of apple products over the years. I was curious if other members had the same thing happen to them (now or in the past) as it could mean something systemic going on... I'm not looking for tech support :)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Looks like system issues with UPS. Hang in there will be delivered soon

JerryMBPR

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2013
Central Arkansas
Same problem here. My iPad Pro was stuck in Louisville for 3 days with no delivery date. I contacted UPS and then Apple.

It arrived in perfect condition yesterday.

There had been a message about mechanical failure but no explanation of what it was.

Jerry

thinayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Mine did the EXACT same thing. Mine went to Louisville and then "back" to Hong Kong... and is scheduled for delivery today.

Bryan, our new 'pads must have been travel buddies that fell of the truck, got kidnapped or were assigned a new home. Either way it looks like we'll be waiting!

thinayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
Fort Collins, CO
Heh- while I was typing other comments came in. Sounds like there's hope!

I'll just sit tight and let you know what happens. Thanks all

Reactions: MH01

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
I've seen that too with Fedex but package arrived on time so don't worry too much about it.

Last edited:

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
There have been no known iPad thefts at UPS Worldport. My opinion would be that when they scanned a pallet for shipment, it either did not make the flight or they had the wrong serials listed on the wrong pallets. So it would appear that the items were on the way but they really weren't. They do not scan each individual shipping barcode usually on bulk items like this until they are sorted so they do a single scan for X number of devices of whatever.

dhrupalp

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Atleast your iPad made it to Louisville. Mine is still in China. Supposedly was to deliver Friday.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 131

dhrupalp

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
I really hope that it comes. It worries me that it was originally scheduled for Monday then changed to Friday. Now it's saying date unavailable.

mrp717

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
South Florida
Mine had the same delay, only hung up in Germany, no updates for 3 days. Next update it was back in Hong Kong. Initial delivery date was Nov 19. Even with the craziness, delivery is today, Friday the 20th.

dhrupalp

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
Mine had the same delay, only hung up in Germany, no updates for 3 days. Next update it was back in Hong Kong. Initial delivery date was Nov 19. Even with the craziness, delivery is today, Friday the 20th.
If you live in Europe it should have gone through Germany otherwise Anchoragw and Lousivlle are the two centers for America. I also called UPS and Apple both are saying that their was an issue with the plane and do not have any other updates.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Pallet probably just missed the flight - there's no customs scan after entry to the US, so they never made it stateside.

Could also have been missing customs documents and been sent back - the timings of the scans would allow for this.

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
I'm in Houston and my iPad has been stuck in Dallas. When it shipped from Tmobie it had an absurd delivery estimate coming from Louisville and it almost seems like UPS is holding it in Dallas to meet that estimated delivery time. I'm hoping it just missed a scan.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wait until after the delivery date before jumping to conclusions :) I saw similar issues with a MBP order a while ago. Everything turned our fine for me :)

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Mine just popped up in Houston. It still says the estimated delivery is Tuesday, but I'm guessing it will deliver tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.