Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbbcat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2021
iPad Pro 2018 - Weird Behavior Files Disappearing or Duplicating!

Hi,

As the title says I have an iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 model with 1tb memory,

Mostly I use it for reading eBooks via the excellent app PocketBook Reader

Also for video & audio with vlc

therefore I copied lots of files to the tablet however now I am finding that files I know are on the device simply disappear sometimes to reappear or sometimes to appear duplicated sometimes the files will turn up in a search then a few minutes later not - or the other way around.

Seriously this thing is so flakey why has apple not even figured out how to present a file system - they seem so obsessed with making the thing secure no apps can share the same file (as you would do with linux. window's / osx etc) & yet their workaround is so buggy.

I did find that I could create many subdirectories & reduce the number of files in one place that helped a little however the odd behavior persists.

Any Ideas please?

Thanks

M

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I haven’t experienced this myself. Have you tried to set iPad up fresh to see if the issue persists? What did Apple say?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
iPad Pro 2018 - Weird Behavior Files Disappearing or Duplicating!

Hi,

As the title says I have an iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 model with 1tb memory,

Mostly I use it for reading eBooks via the excellent app PocketBook Reader

Also for video & audio with vlc

therefore I copied lots of files to the tablet however now I am finding that files I know are on the device simply disappear sometimes to reappear or sometimes to appear duplicated sometimes the files will turn up in a search then a few minutes later not - or the other way around.

Seriously this thing is so flakey why has apple not even figured out how to present a file system - they seem so obsessed with making the thing secure no apps can share the same file (as you would do with linux. window's / osx etc) & yet their workaround is so buggy.

I did find that I could create many subdirectories & reduce the number of files in one place that helped a little however the odd behavior persists.

Any Ideas please?

Thanks

M
You should try contacting Apple support first and ask them for a verdict.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.