Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
I do wish that it would automatically background the app you have open when you launch Circuitous like Proswitcher does.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I do wish that it would automatically background the app you have open when you launch Circuitous like Proswitcher does.

You can set that as an option in Backgrounder.

Personally I don't like it and prefer to enable backgrounding on a per-app basis, but it is there.

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
This is a fail... the auto-backgrounding in backgrounder will screw up a lot of apps. We don't need auto-backgrounding through backgrounder, we need it through the app switcher...

This also means that to un-background you now need to add an Automator (or whatever) shortcut for backgrounder as well as circuitous. Pr0switcher just needs one shortcut for pr0switcher itself, and you never need to mess with or invoke backgrounder at all.

PS the behavior is like this:
-If I open the app, then press the Home button the App goes away (like it should)
-If I open the app and invoke a switcher, the app is now backgrounded
-If I kill the app in the switcher, the app is gone

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
when closing apps using circuitous, am i the only one that it takes a few taps/delays before the little X on the app icon for the app to close/disappear from the list?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
You can set that as an option in Backgrounder.

Personally I don't like it and prefer to enable backgrounding on a per-app basis, but it is there.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

I would like it if when you activated Circuitous, that it would automatically background that app at the same time.

I know there is a setting in Backgrounder that is will automatically background every app when you open it, but that is not that I want.

Basically I would like it if it work just like Proswitcher which auto backgrounds the app when you activate Proswitcher. It makes sense this way because if you are activating Circuitous/Proswitcher, it probably means you want to switch to another program but still leave the one you were in working in the background.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

I would like it if when you activated Circuitous, that it would automatically background that app at the same time.

I know there is a setting in Backgrounder that is will automatically background every app when you open it, but that is not that I want.

Basically I would like it if it work just like Proswitcher which auto backgrounds the app when you activate Proswitcher. It makes sense this way because if you are activating Circuitous/Proswitcher, it probably means you want to switch to another program but still leave the one you were in working in the background.

I don't understand what you mean. Circuitous, the app itself, already "runs" in the background. You have to configure a gesture to activate the dock, but the task manager itself is already running.

I've never used ProSwitcher before so I don't know if I'm misunderstanding what functionality you're looking for. I don't even have an icon for Circuitous on my springboard.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

okrelayer said:
when closing apps using circuitous, am i the only one that it takes a few taps/delays before the little X on the app icon for the app to close/disappear from the list?

If you turn off app animations it works way better

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

mixvio said:
How do you do that?

It's in the settings app if you got to circuitous there is an option and it makes the x away work far better

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
mixvio said:
I don't understand what you mean. Circuitous, the app itself, already "runs" in the background. You have to configure a gesture to activate the dock, but the task manager itself is already running.

I've never used ProSwitcher before so I don't know if I'm misunderstanding what functionality you're looking for. I don't even have an icon for Circuitous on my springboard.

You know what, never mind, it looks like it does work the same way as Proswitcher.

GinoDotCom

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Didn't know about circuitous till I read this thread, thanks Mac rumors !:D

Haven't tested the app much but from what I've seen, the app works great & looks like it beat pro switcher to the iPad.

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
Looks great and all, but I find programs quitting unexpectedly in the background even when I only have two open. Is there a memory monitor of sorts? How do I find out why I have such low memory with few apps open?

I'm tempted to try the virtual memory hack to get more stuff to stay open.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Installed this and the virtual mem hack at the same time. While both are beyond awesome, one of them has messed up the touch calibration a little. While it is fixed with a respring, the sensor is picking it up as above where I touch. Just a little off, but annoying.

Fonzmeister

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
I've jailbroken my iPad in the first 10min of use.

First, i restored it, then jailbroken, and installed AppSync, Backgrounder, VM hack, and Circuitous.

Never had a single problem w/ calibration, connect to itunes screen, etc.
The only thing to note is that i had a lot of attention regarding restarting the iPad between hacks (not just respring!), i.e., Installed backgrounder, rebooted. Installed the .plist VM hack, and reboot, circuitous, reboot.

Works like a sharm!

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
oftheheavens said:
Installed this and the virtual mem hack at the same time. While both are beyond awesome, one of them has messed up the touch calibration a little. While it is fixed with a respring, the sensor is picking it up as above where I touch. Just a little off, but annoying.

I also jailbroke mine as soon as I brought it home, and did the virtual mem thing a day or two later. Been running it a week, no issues with calibration. Installed Circuitous the other day and also no such issue. I don't think your problem was from either app.

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
I hadn't heard of Circuitous. Very nice.

Kinda of a silly question, but is Circuitous about the closest app to mimic the iOS4 running taskbar at the bottom?

Thanks.

dkhenkin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2009
Is anyone having the issue where when they double tap to activate circuitous it closes the app you're in instead of bringing up the switcher? It doesn't do that on my iPhone only on the iPad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.