Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

telo123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2021
So with iPadOS 15.2 and macOS Monterey 12.1, the SideCar freezes after a few moments, either through wired (i.e., airplane mode on iPad to force a wired connection) or wireless connection (no matter the Wi-Fi bandwidth).

A user on Reddit has pointed out and based on my own experience with their tip, it works.

If you disable iPad's Passcode/Face ID, SideCar stops freezing. Highly insecure, but it is what it is!

If you guys have any other temporarily fix, please let me know. I don't like not having a Passcode.

AppleNooble

macrumors regular
May 14, 2021
Thanks for the tip! I guess the obvious thing is to not forgetting to turn on passcode whenever you leave your iPad.

Reactions: telo123

AppleNooble

macrumors regular
May 14, 2021
And froze again. Yep needs to be fixed!

Froze a total of 3 times today.

Last edited:

lyoshida

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2022
Mine was freezing after a moment when using sidecar via wifi. It's now working after I disabled screen auto-lock on the iPad.
Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Auto-Lock -> Never

leonrrdo

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2022
Surabaya - Indonesia
Mine was freezing after a moment when using sidecar via wifi. It's now working after I disabled screen auto-lock on the iPad.
Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Auto-Lock -> Never
I recommend you guys this suggestion. I did this, I turn off my auto lock feature on my ipad and make it to never. after the freezing never occur again thank you so much lyoshida

Reactions: lyoshida

rafale77

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2022
Nope, it's not working for me. After 24hrs of rebooting the ipad. It freezes within 20s of connecting sidecar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.