Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
yeah, this has been beat to death. But can anyone give me specific advice?
I have 7 att accounts sharing data - 3 phones and 4 ipads. I have a lot of data that is unused every month. My new iPhone is coming in today and I want to keep my old one to play 1 game.
It will be dedicated to one game only that must have data while out and about playing it. It doesn't use much data at all, but it's gotta have it to even function.
I have read in the forums here that I can take my sim from an iPad and put it in the old iPhone and it should work,
BUT I tried this last week and while at home in Wifi, all appeared to be working well, but as soon as I left the house to test it out, I was not able to continue the game using the iPad sim in the iPhone. There was an error statement pertaining to not being able to connect to the data.
Can I do this or do I have to buy a new phone plan just to use a tiny amount of data?
I can get a sim with data for 30 per month I think, but I don't want to spend the money for a phone plan tha won't be used in any way. (Darn carriers should make this available)

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
well, I did get the ATT data sim to work using an app, but was worried about ATT busting me, so I kept looking and found a great deal on a sim card from a company called Tello. I'm paying 16 per month for 100 voice minutes, 200 texts and 1 gb of high speed with unlimited data at lower speeds. It runs on the Sprint network using a CDMA sim card. I've never even heard of that lol, but this post is just to plug them for being so cheap and good. I have a better connection than I do with ATT. I mean, that is really, really cheap, so that is what I'll keep!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.