Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Hi,

I’m looking for a good skin wrap for my iPad Pro 11” and maybe MKB also. I love the designs on some websites but they do not have the apple logo cutout which is important to me, or they are US based and shipping is a lot (although i will pay for the perfect one).

I want something classy, with the apple logo cut out for the iPad (not bothered for the MKB but a coloured apple would also be cool)

Thanks.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Hi,

I’m looking for a good skin wrap for my iPad Pro 11” and maybe MKB also. I love the designs on some websites but they do not have the apple logo cutout which is important to me, or they are US based and shipping is a lot (although i will pay for the perfect one).

I want something classy, with the apple logo cut out for the iPad (not bothered for the MKB but a coloured apple would also be cool)

Thanks.
Of the major brands MR users post about most often (DBrand, Sopiguard, and DecalGirl), I haven't seen any that have a cutout for the Apple logo. The logo is still visible with the skin applied but not as obvious as it would be with a cutout.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
Of the major brands MR users post about most often (DBrand, Sopiguard, and DecalGirl), I haven't seen any that have a cutout for the Apple logo. The logo is still visible with the skin applied but not as obvious as it would be with a cutout.

Yeah that’s what i noticed when browsing other threads :/

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Having read several threads about this I have just ordered (today) from https://www.xtremeskins.co.uk/ The logo cutout is an option. Will update when I get it.
(This is for the MKB but they do them for the iPad too).
Some members here seem to like them a lot, but there was this recent post about what hapened after removing one:

Post in thread 'Skin (Dbrand or Similar) with iPad Pro Magic Keyboard?'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ipad-pro-magic-keyboard.2232637/post-30060668

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Xtremeskins are superb. Bought a skin for ASK and very happy with it.

Mac2727

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2015
UK
I have to be fair and first say Xremeskins seem like a solid company (prompt delivery, replaced the skin free of charge when I ordered the wrong one etc) and the skin (well the carbon one I had) are hard wearing and fit perfectly.

However - my experience (https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ipad-pro-magic-keyboard.2232637/post-30060668) was that it left an enormous amount of residue on the keyboard surface when removed after a few weeks (N.B. I removed one after a few days and didn’t get the residue issue).

If you’re planning on always having the skin then they’re great but be aware that it may be a bit of a one way street. This may be a result of the keyboard material as opposed to a problem with the Xtremeskins specifically

Reactions: ascender

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I have to be fair and first say Xremeskins seem like a solid company (prompt delivery, replaced the skin free of charge when I ordered the wrong one etc) and the skin (well the carbon one I had) are hard wearing and fit perfectly.

However - my experience (https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ipad-pro-magic-keyboard.2232637/post-30060668) was that it left an enormous amount of residue on the keyboard surface when removed after a few weeks (N.B. I removed one after a few days and didn’t get the residue issue).

If you’re planning on always having the skin then they’re great but be aware that it may be a bit of a one way street. This may be a result of the keyboard material as opposed to a problem with the Xtremeskins specifically
I referenced your removal experience post above in post #6. Were you able to get the residue removed safely with isopropyl alcohol or other substances?

arian71

macrumors regular
May 13, 2021
Moon, and safe from the ban
I am not trying to troll or anything, have my first macbook ever and a part of enjoying my laptop is the feel of holding it , the feel of aluminium So what is the purpouse of using a skin . yes my iphone is in apple leather case but a tablet ..

Livvie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
I am not trying to troll or anything, have my first macbook ever and a part of enjoying my laptop is the feel of holding it , the feel of aluminium So what is the purpouse of using a skin . yes my iphone is in apple leather case but a tablet ..

Of course that makes sense, i kind of agree with you, but i get bored too easily and scratch things up lol & We dont think you’re trolling, forums are all about discussion anyway, glad to hear your opinion :)

Reactions: ccrgt

Mac2727

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2015
UK
I referenced your removal experience post above in post #6. Were you able to get the residue removed safely with isopropyl alcohol or other substances?
Tried isopropyl spray but that didn’t get it off. Would worry that anything stronger would destroy the silicone of the case. Have managed to cover it all up with another skin

Reactions: 0128672

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005

That’s exactly the issue I had with an Xtremeskin on a Magic Keyboard. I couldn’t believe how much reside was leftover and how stubborn it was to remove. The other thing I was really afraid-of was the skin lifting the top skin of the Magic Keyboard cover itself.

DannyMakens

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2021
What about the transparent back panel? The Apple logo is visible. But it's not UK base and shipping will take some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Livvie

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
That’s exactly the issue I had with an Xtremeskin on a Magic Keyboard. I couldn’t believe how much reside was leftover and how stubborn it was to remove. The other thing I was really afraid-of was the skin lifting the top skin of the Magic Keyboard cover itself.
Interestingly, the one I struggled to get removed was a black carbon pattern. I’ve just removed a white gloss one from a Magic Keyboard and it was a breeze with no residue and nowhere near the resistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.