Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fraaaa

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
London, UK
Hey people, I'm doing a research on the popularity of the iPad as a part of an assignment at college and I' looking forward to read how many iPad were sold on the international launch, I'm guessing a million[down to 500k], even that I know could actually be a high estimation. I hope that Apple will come out with the sale report on Monday.

What is your guess?

aaarrrgggh

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
My expectation is that they have easily exceeded 2MM total, and would guess the number is 2.3-2.5MM. Launch Friday should be just about 900k.

My basis is they are building 1MM a month for three months now, selling about 80k per week average at Apple stores, presumably the same online, and 50% more across other outlets... I assume they are holding back 10% of production for the next round of launches.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I bet they had a million on Friday alone, easily. Across Canada (and this is only 1/9 of the countries!) all of FedEx even lacked the manpower to deliver all in one day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.