Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac.june

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2021
I am stuck between choosing 128 GB and 256 GB (iPad Air 4 vs iPad Pro 2020). I will be using the iPad for watching videos, drawing, sketching, and note taking. Drawing is a hobby (side note: I am getting a minor in studio art, so I do want to improve on my art), and I am not sure which one to pick.

Astonish_IT

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2017
Hello,

Storage wise, 128 gb iPad would be good enough for drawing, easily. And in case you need to, with the usb-c available on both of the iPads that you are considering, you can back them up to free up space, but I don't think that you would need to anyways unless you draw a lot, really a lot. :)

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I am stuck between choosing 128 GB and 256 GB (iPad Air 4 vs iPad Pro 2020). I will be using the iPad for watching videos, drawing, sketching, and note taking. Drawing is a hobby (side note: I am getting a minor in studio art, so I do want to improve on my art), and I am not sure which one to pick.
Pick the 128GB configuration. Save yourself a little money.

mac.june

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2021
Hello,

Storage wise, 128 gb iPad would be good enough for drawing, easily. And in case you need to, with the usb-c available on both of the iPads that you are considering, you can back them up to free up space, but I don't think that you would need to anyways unless you draw a lot, really a lot. :)
Thanks for the advice! ? My next question is that the 128 GB (iPad Pro 2020) has more RAM, 120 Hz, and an older processor, while the 256 GB (iPad Air 4) has less RAM, 60 Hz, and a newer processor. The iPad Air is cheaper. How important are these differences? I was thinking about waiting for the iPad Pro 2021. However, there are rumors that the 10.9 in one might be discontinued, but those are the humors right now. I really debating between waiting for the 2021 Pro or just getting the Air 4 because of these differences

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks for the advice! ? My next question is that the 128 GB (iPad Pro 2020) has more RAM, 120 Hz, and an older processor, while the 256 GB (iPad Air 4) has less RAM, 60 Hz, and a newer processor. The iPad Air is cheaper. How important are these differences? I was thinking about waiting for the iPad Pro 2021. However, there are rumors that the 10.9 in one might be discontinued, but those are the humors right now. I really debating between waiting for the 2021 Pro or just getting the Air 4 because of these differences
You cannot go wrong with either, the 6GB RAM, FaceID and 120hz screen of the Pro will keep it more current for much longer, but it’s really up to you what you feel is important for your usage.

I would get 256GB if I were you though, Apple seem to have A LOT planned for iPad OS so having more storage and more RAM would probably be better for the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.