Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
I looked at http://www.appshopper.com and put iPad browser under search and several iPad only browser apps came up. Has anyone tried any of these and the big question is, do the tabs actually work?

I sure wish we could have Firefox on our iPad's!

Can anyone download the Free Atomic web browser Lite?? It says unable to purchase even though I got iTunes credit.

spectre51

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Get atomic browser. Great app. Tabs work great without the annoying refresh issue of safari and has lots more features. Well worth the purchase.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Atomic Browser. A bargain at 99c. Tabs, built in ad-block, and if you go into settings and change the color scheme to safari, you'll forget you ever used anything else in about 24 hours.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Am I the only on who despite thinking atomic browser is a good app, hates the app icon they use.

Is there anyway of using custom icons so I can get it to match safari?

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Am I the only on who despite thinking atomic browser is a good app, hates the app icon they use.

The new icon is an improvement but yeah you can change the icon. A lot of Winterboard themes have some nice looking safari or firefox icons. Find one you like then move it to the atomic browser folder and rename it to icon.png.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009

I just think the whole App looks cheap and tacky, but the functionality is great. They need to employ a designer to actually make the whole thing look decent.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I just think the whole App looks cheap and tacky, but the functionality is great. They need to employ a designer to actually make the whole thing look decent.

Try changing the color scheme to Safari, especially if you've been using one of the garish ones.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Try changing the color scheme to Safari, especially if you've been using one of the garish ones.

Mine is on Safari, but it's still terribly ugly. All the icons look like they're out of a sweet shop, and not the good kind. :eek:

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Wait for the next update (2.9) that is in line for Apple to approve—some icon help is on the way.

Also, with version 3 of Atomic Web for the iPad coming when Apple releases iPhone OS 4, expect even more GUI upgrades.

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
-Ryan- said:
Mine is on Safari, but it's still terribly ugly. All the icons look like they're out of a sweet shop, and not the good kind. :eek:

Try iCab, its better than Atomic.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I'll take functionality over looks--))) I would highly recommend the Atomic Browser. Just a customer that is really satisfied with all the features it has.

Plus IMHO it looks just fine. I vote for Functionality not Eye Candy;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.