Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goobot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
this is ridiculous. i ordered an ipad yesterday and it says i should have mine june 18. by then i will already have the new iphone. i mean WTF?! :mad::mad::mad: are you experiencing this long wait time?

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
this is ridiculous. i ordered an ipad yesterday and it says i should have mine june 18. by then i will already have the new iphone. i mean WTF?! :mad::mad::mad: are you experiencing this long wait time?

No you wont, you think the new iphone will be out before june 18th? think again. They are only gonna ANNOUNCE it on the 7th. Doesnt mean it will come out then.

grebe925

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
Ordered a 64GB/3G on May 17th. Was notified of shipment on May 28th. Will reach me on June 2nd as per tracking. That's about 10 business days to ship and about 17 days overall to reach me.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Where have you been? There have been reports of them being sold out for weeks. Spare us the faux rage.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
(Pre-)ordered mine May 19th, says "ships by June 7th", so I'm hoping it'll ship sometime this week and get it early next week. That will be consistent with the timeframe in this thread.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I had that same problem. I put in an online order on may 26th and it said I would have it in 3 weeks! So I cancelled my order and put in a in-store reservation at my local apple store. That was last Wed. and now(today, the next monday) i got an email saying my iPad is ready to be picked up!.

but here is the problem. My credit card has not been charged back with the funds so now I might have to let this reservation slip as I cannot pick up my iPad untill my funds have been released.

Apple will only hold my reserved iPad for 24 hours. And the people at apple who can rectify this problem are off today for the memorial day holiday.

arrrrrrrg. why did i put in that online order? :(

goobot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
No you wont, you think the new iphone will be out before june 18th? think again. They are only gonna ANNOUNCE it on the 7th. Doesnt mean it will come out then.

the new iphone will most likely like last year come out the friday the week after. the shipping would take prob till the afternoon. i would already have the new iphone.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007

First of all, so many of these complaints about shipping times happens with posters who order during the weekends. So assuming you ordered yesterday (May 30th 2010). This means it's the same as if you ordered on Friday May 28th (after 12PM) all the way through Tuesday June 1st (before 12PM). Apple, as most businesses will consider all orders on those time period as the same.

Assuming it takes up to 10 business days to "ship". That means your order might not ship till June 15th at the latest. And than it takes 1-4 business days to delivery the product to your home. So June 18th sounds correct. That's within the 7-10 business shipping timeframe plus the 1-4 days it takes from shipping to delivery.

Or as other posters stated, just put your name on the reserve list at your local Apple retail store if you live close to one.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Pre-ordered on the 17th of May, still saying it will ship on 7th of June :(

The 17th of May was a Monday. Add 10 business days (did you order before or after 12Pm on the 17th?). If it was after 12PM on Monday May 17th, than add 11 business days.

Right now you are at only 8-9 business days (because of the Memorial day holiday). So the 10th business day will be considered June 2nd or June 3rd (depending if you order before/after 12PM on May 17th).

So assuming your order ships out on Thursday June 3rd, it may take 1-4 business days to get to your home. June 5/6th are weekend days and don't count. So that's why it will get to your home by June 7th.

Pretty simple. Just do the math on the business days. Apple may be off 1-2 business days, but those of you complaining are adding weekend and holidays into the mix.

krid

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
NB, Canada
I ordered mine on May13th and its saying June 3rd. Funny bit is the shipping history.. o_O
4656380477_951c03afcd_b.jpg

dantad

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
The 17th of May was a Monday. Add 10 business days (did you order before or after 12Pm on the 17th?). If it was after 12PM on Monday May 17th, than add 11 business days.

Right now you are at only 8-9 business days (because of the Memorial day holiday). So the 10th business day will be considered June 2nd or June 3rd (depending if you order before/after 12PM on May 17th).

So assuming your order ships out on Thursday June 3rd, it may take 1-4 business days to get to your home. June 5/6th are weekend days and don't count. So that's why it will get to your home by June 7th.

Pretty simple. Just do the math on the business days. Apple may be off 1-2 business days, but those of you complaining are adding weekend and holidays into the mix.

I wish that were the case, but it definitely says Estimated SHIP date June 7th not estimated delivery date. Still fingers crossed it gets shipped on the 3rd :D

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Perhaps you missed the memo, the iPad has been fairly popular.

LinkMx

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
At least you'll have yours in June, I'll have to wait until July when it's officially release here.

walkingcity

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
I ordered a 32GB Wifi model from Apple on May 21st and had a June 8th ship date. Last Friday I checked MacMall.com's stock out of curiosity. They had just received a shipment of 32GB and 64GB WIFI models. I ordered at 9PM EST Friday, had it by 9AM EST on Saturday, needless to say I cancelled my apple order. Best part was that even with Saturday Overnight priority mail, I paid less than I would have from Apple, because MacMall doesn't charge tax(for most states).

While I always prefer buying direct from apple, if you just can't wait(or like me, going on a long trip before my ipad was scheduled to arrive) I'd recommend giving MacMall a call(make sure they guarantee they are in stock AND READY TO SHIP)

goobot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
I ordered a 32GB Wifi model from Apple on May 21st and had a June 8th ship date. Last Friday I checked MacMall.com's stock out of curiosity. They had just received a shipment of 32GB and 64GB WIFI models. I ordered at 9PM EST Friday, had it by 9AM EST on Saturday, needless to say I cancelled my apple order. Best part was that even with Saturday Overnight priority mail, I paid less than I would have from Apple, because MacMall doesn't charge tax(for most states).

While I always prefer buying direct from apple, if you just can't wait(or like me, going on a long trip before my ipad was scheduled to arrive) I'd recommend giving MacMall a call(make sure they guarantee they are in stock AND READY TO SHIP)

ooo very good idea. question. if there are dead pixels or a problem can i go to apple? also does macmall have a telephone #? (i see a # forget it.)

also sorry for being an ass in the op. i just love apple things :D

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006

You absolutely won't have the new iphone by then.

But it doesn't take 20 days to ship, OP. There is so much demand that you're standing in a long line for it to be manufactured. Once it's manufactured, it won't take that long to get to you.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
the new iphone will most likely like last year come out the friday the week after. the shipping would take prob till the afternoon. i would already have the new iphone.

your kidding right? if you love apple things and have been around any length of time you would know that apple does not stick to any type of schedule when it comes to these things.

keep in mind this is going to be a major redesign this year. as opposed to last year they upped the processor and a couple things, but it was essentially the same as the one they released the year before that.

It might be released the next week after. it might be released the same day as announced. but it is very possible it may not be released until end of june or begining of july.

even if it is scheduled for release a week after announcement
Im sure jobs is pissed at all the leaks lately and could see him pushing it back just to say F-you people we still have some secrets. he's nuts like that

goobot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
your kidding right? if you love apple things and have been around any length of time you would know that apple does not stick to any type of schedule when it comes to these things.

keep in mind this is going to be a major redesign this year. as opposed to last year they upped the processor and a couple things, but it was essentially the same as the one they released the year before that.

It might be released the next week after. it might be released the same day as announced. but it is very possible it may not be released until end of june or begining of july.

even if it is scheduled for release a week after announcement
Im sure jobs is pissed at all the leaks lately and could see him pushing it back just to say F-you people we still have some secrets. he's nuts like that
last time i checked but rumors say early june. the above was an example of how fast it can come. can the fact that there where so many leaks would make it come quicker. just like how they moved the wwdc up. o and the 3gs was a bigger upgrade than the 3g. also just cause it had a "similar" back doesnt mean it the same. actually it even was even a bit different. nice job on your conclusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.