Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antonioanmar

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Albacete (Spain)
iPad (as Jobs told) is something between iPod and Macbook.

So, it wouldn't be used for same things than a computer. It is NOT a computer itself..it is a Tablet. No more, no less.

Neither (for me) it is an eBook reader. This kind of screen is not the right one. I will continue using my Kindle for this matter.

I think that i will buy one on June (when it will be available on Spain) but i will use like media device, for web browsing, video player and more applications which will come. Same as iPhone did, it needs some time to show the really potential with specific applications.
Also for Mail looks great. And iPhoto. And iWork. ... really, thinking again about it, many people use their computers ONLY for these things.

So, it is not a full computer for me. But for many people it could be.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
It should be just fine for when you're on the go, as at such time you tend to mostly consume media rather than do any content creation. At 1.5 lb and with a 10" screen, it is not too bad of a deal at all.

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
One wonders why a mobile 'phone was not a part of the initial release. There is no doubt in my mind that someone will have this device working as a telephone very soon. Could the A4 chip be preventing multitasking to the point where you would have to stop whatever you were doing to use the device as a 'phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.