Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Those of you who have gone this direction with your unlimited sim, I am curious as to how to go about it. Did you update your device information @ att.com/ipadlanding (IMEI, ICCID)? Right now I am using a jailbroken iPad Mini 1st Generation as a hotspot and I'm considering purchasing one of these as an alternative. I'm not exactly sure if the sim is the right size either between the iPad Mini and the hotspot itself. I hit 200GB this month. I just love this plan and want to do it right.

Thanks! :apple:

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Those of you who have gone this direction with your unlimited sim, I am curious as to how to go about it. Did you update your device information @ att.com/ipadlanding (IMEI, ICCID)? Right now I am using a jailbroken iPad Mini 1st Generation as a hotspot and I'm considering purchasing one of these as an alternative. I'm not exactly sure if the sim is the right size either between the iPad Mini and the hotspot itself. I hit 200GB this month. I just love this plan and want to do it right.

Thanks! :apple:

You just need a micro SIM card. I have a nano so I bought. Sim adapter (nano to micro). If you have a larger SIM card, you need to cut it down to micro sim size. Here's no need to update or change any settings.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
You just need a micro SIM card. I have a nano so I bought. Sim adapter (nano to micro). If you have a larger SIM card, you need to cut it down to micro sim size. Here's no need to update or change any settings.

Thanks for your help. I had to get the nano to micro adapter as well, it works quite well.

In comparison to my jailbroken iPad with TetherMe I'm getting 10mb/s faster speeds on the hotspot in the same spot. I'm definitely sold on a dedicated solution.

vjim

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
You don't even need the adapter: just position the nano sim card so that the points touch the gold chip and you're set! The micro and nano sim cards have the exact same microchip size, just the outer plastic is different. I personally have the at&t unite pro and I was gonna order a micro sim adapter but I tried it first and it's still working!

CJ-Johnson

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2015
Hey OP

Where did you buy your plan? Im in the market for one and all the ones on ebay look sketchy. I want to find a reputable source

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.