Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Very useful. I have a floppy drive and 100's of disks with photos from years ago.

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
Yes, I've used that 'trick' on flash drives w/ the CCK, i.e. create a DCIM folder and place images w/i the folder w/ an 8-character name + extension - fun to see a BIG old floppy drive - I'm a retired academic radiologist; started in the '70s and my secretary use to keep our manuscripts on an 8" floppy (can't recall the storage capacity but probably no larger that 1 GB). :)

Last edited:

darky90

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
I have a few floppy disks with pics in them from the 90s. Pretty neat that I have the option to transfer them onto my ipad.

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
I have a few floppy disks with pics in them from the 90s. Pretty neat that I have the option to transfer them onto my ipad.

Well, cross your fingers, the data may not be retrievable, so I hope the pics are not that important or that you have saved them on other media? Just saying - :)

darky90

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Well, cross your fingers, the data may not be retrievable, so I hope the pics are not that important or that you have saved them on other media? Just saying - :)

Thanks for the tip. No they're not super important however I am curious if this will work for me. It will be fun to test out. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.