Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shimy1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
I know that in an early beta version of iOS 10, the Apple Pencil could be used to simulate 3d touch on the notifications screen to clear all notifications.

Has anyone heard if this functionality will come back and possibly go system wide?

If it doesn't, I really feel Apple is missing a huge opportunity here.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It lasted for two of the early builds (I think it was dev beta 2+3) and hasn't come back in any of the builds after (developer 4-8)

Which is a shame. It was a little promising that they were considering adding 3D Touch to iPad Pro's via the Pencil when they added it on the Clear All for Notifications. I wonder why they pulled it and also not expand it to more or all areas of 3D Touch.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I don't think they would build special navigation functions into the pencil. I'm pretty sure they don't want the pencil to become a requirement.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I read somewhere that there would be a bigger update for iOS 10 on the iPad sometime next year. Maybe it'll come in time for the new iPads in April. It would be nice to have hag functionality built in with the Pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.