Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RushLakeGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Pardon me if I am in the wrong forum but please bear with me. I just updated a website adding the current club newsletter. The landing page used to access the newsletter has the correct download link. That download link works fine on my laptop and my iPhone using Safari and Chrome. However, on the iPad, the download link refuses to work as it keeps trying to access the previous newsletter, which has been deleted, so I get a 404 page not found result. This ONLY happens with Safari on the iPad. Chrome on iPad works as it should. I have deleted all the Safarii iPad history, cookies, etc. to no avail. The same thing happens with a second iPad. Both iPads are running 13.5.1. I figure it must be in an iPad or Safari setting I am missing. Any clues would be very much appreciated. #oldguyflumoxedinminnesota

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, all on same wifi network
It sounds like some sort of caching type of inconsistency somewhere. If the changes were just made very recently perhaps giving it a little more time and trying again might do the trick.

RushLakeGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
SOLVED. Flushed the Wordpress cache. All appears to well Now though I still don’t understand why only my iPads were affected and not the laptop or iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.