Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kericson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
I have gone back and forth in slack with Apple support and this article https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-conn...eam-and-an-HDMI-based-beamer-at-the-same-time I have also contacted the guy who said he did this with his iMessage account here ian.beyer@gmail.com . I have tried what he said which is.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to the Apple USB 2.0 ethernet adapter with a 29W USB-C charger. No matter what I do I can't get the ethernet to work. Any ideas why this doesn't work. Also have tried iOS 11 iOS 12 iOS 12.1

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore
I don't think that Lightning port on either adapter is an actual Lightning port; it is usually used for charging the iPad (and attached devices if they need it) and therefore won't transmit any signal other than power through the Lightning port

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
No where in the article does it say which version of iOS the iPad is running. But considering the article is dated Jan 23, 2016 I would assume it’s an older version of iOS pre12 probably an iteration of 10 before Apple started restricting USB activity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.