Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I wanted to ask to those who’ve installed it, how’s iPadOS 17 running on the iPad Air 5 specifically? How’s performance, and most importantly, how’s battery life? How’s the overall experience, especially compared to iPadOS 15?

Reactions: BeautifulWoman_1984

ian6969

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2019
I can’t comment on battery life yet, but performance seems slightly quicker and slicker on my M1 iPad Air, I’m pleased I upgraded on day one. Note: I did a full wipe and start again upgrade (as I do every year) so I’m runny a very “clean” system.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Would be insane for the M1 to already start lagging considering it was never really used to its full potential by crippled iPadOS in the first place.
Agree completely, even battery life suffering now would be insane, but I’m not surprised by anything anymore. The iPhone Xʀ’s battery life is so good on iOS 12, that when it was released I thought they’d never severely degrade it. It didn’t happen. I’ll believe it when I see it. If three years from now the iPad Air 5 is still flawless I’ll be happy. I’m not discounting it as a possibility with the M1.

I’m running iPadOS 15, so I can’t tell you how it runs for me, just wanted to get some feedback from the forum.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I can’t comment on battery life yet, but performance seems slightly quicker and slicker on my M1 iPad Air, I’m pleased I upgraded on day one. Note: I did a full wipe and start again upgrade (as I do every year) so I’m runny a very “clean” system.
I would be incredibly surprised if performance suffered this early on an M1, but this is great to hear!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.