Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Hi everyone. While I am fully aware this is a beta I have a strange issue with a Bluetooth keyboard that hopefully someone can help me with. I have two BT keyboards and both pair easy and quick. But upon pressing the space bar it acts as a return and starts a new line. Then on certain apps including outlook, the space bar does not work at all. So while I assume this is beta related it doesn't make sense. Does anyone have any ideas please? It's wicked frustrating. Thank you all.

paultut

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2019
Hi everyone. While I am fully aware this is a beta I have a strange issue with a Bluetooth keyboard that hopefully someone can help me with. I have two BT keyboards and both pair easy and quick. But upon pressing the space bar it acts as a return and starts a new line. Then on certain apps including outlook, the space bar does not work at all. So while I assume this is beta related it doesn't make sense. Does anyone have any ideas please? It's wicked frustrating. Thank you all.

I am having a similar problem. My keyboard is not a BT keyboard and I have a first generation iPad Pro. For about 24 hours everything worked perfectly. Then, in Pages, my comma started closing the app, and in another program it became the Enter key, creating new paragraphs. Now my iPad is unusable, and I’m wondering how to reinstall iPadOS, in hopes that that will correct the problem. At worst, I need to find out how to reinstall the current dependable OS. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

paultut

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2019
I am having a similar problem. My keyboard is not a BT keyboard and I have a first generation iPad Pro. For about 24 hours everything worked perfectly. Then, in Pages, my comma started closing the app, and in another program it became the Enter key, creating new paragraphs. Now my iPad is unusable, and I’m wondering how to reinstall iPadOS, in hopes that that will correct the problem. At worst, I need to find out how to reinstall the current dependable OS. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Correction: In Pages, the space bar closed the app, and in other programs the comma became the Enter key, creating new paragraphs .

paultut

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2019
Using iPad Pro 11" my BT keyboard works perfectly. Beta 3.
I am using a Logitech keyboard which is NOT a BT Keyboard. It connects to the iPad by the built-in connectors on the side of the iPad. A direct connection. I am hoping someone else here is using a similar keyboard who might be having, or who might have had, a similar problem. Thank you for your response.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
I figured it out what is happening. I have to hold down the shift key to allow the space bar to act as it should. Anyone know where in settings that can be addressed? I can’t seem to figure it out. Thx

paultut

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2019
I figured it out what is happening. I have to hold down the shift key to allow the space bar to act as it should. Anyone know where in settings that can be addressed? I can’t seem to figure it out. Thx
Same here. If I hold down the shift key, the comma key works perfectly. I also need to know where, in the settings, that can be corrected.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Same here. If I hold down the shift key, the comma key works perfectly. I also need to know where, in the settings, that can be corrected.

I think it’s a really easy fix but I have tried everything. Does your space bar work as it should? When you press comma do you get a new paragraph?

paultut

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2019
I think it’s a really easy fix but I have tried everything. Does your space bar work as it should? When you press comma do you get a new paragraph?
I can only tell you what happens when I am in Pages. When I am in Pages and hit the comma, it closes the app. Very frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.