Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Update: i reset my settings, and now everything works...well, as well as it can under iPadOS13. Thanks to Feenician and melancholy! So...if anyone has my same problem, the solution is: settings -> general -> reset -> reset all settings.

Great news that it's working. The new way of doing things does feel like a big regression to me but I did find I got used to them fairly quickly, even if I have not grown to like them.

The Spotlight one seems like a flat out bug (there is no useful byproduct of not allowing you to drag out and drop without hitting cancel) and for the home screen I'm guessing they changed it because having two modes of drag and drop (wiggle mode and non wiggle mode) did not sit well with some. These are just speculation on my part though.

Reactions: canesalato

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Great news that it's working. The new way of doing things does feel like a big regression to me but I did find I got used to them fairly quickly, even if I have not grown to like them.

The Spotlight one seems like a flat out bug (there is no useful byproduct of not allowing you to drag out and drop without hitting cancel) and for the home screen I'm guessing they changed it because having two modes of drag and drop (wiggle mode and non wiggle mode) did not sit well with some. These are just speculation on my part though.
I agree with your speculation, just...they prioritized the wrong one. How often do people rearrange icons compared to multitasking?...sigh

Reactions: Feenician

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Well..the problem is back, and I found what triggers it: mouse support. Connecting a bluetooth mouse makes the feature stop working. Disconnecting the mouse, or turning off assistive touch, doesn’t make it work again, unless you reboot with assistive touch off AND your mouse turned off.

Reactions: Feenician
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.