Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
The iPadOS TV app under 17.x has been terrible. I download movies and TV Shows to my iPad Pro and a few TV shows will sync via the iPad over USB, they show up in the MacOS TV app file browser (meaning they are physically on the iPad), but they won't appear in the iPadOS TV app's Downloads section. But if I rename the show (like putting an underscore at the end of the name,) they appear fine. Rename them back, and they disappear again. Like the TV app is blacklisting that particular name.

I tried deleting the library on the iPad, deleting and recreating the library on the desktop, still the same thing. It didn't do this under iPadOS 16, nor does it do it on my iPhone Pro. It does it on two different iPads. Its driving me crazy.

I restored from backups, maybe something in the backup got corrupt from a previous iPad (though I had no issues previous the upgrading to 17.) I didn't try a fresh rebuild, but I don't feel like going through all that. the renames are fine.

Also, I noticed (again, on two different iPads, but not the phone), the first two "slots" on the grid about midway through my downloads list occasional become black squares. Doesn't matter what shows or movies they are, the artwork is just an empty square and you can't select them. Close and open, then they are back. But that is more rare.

I'm assuming bugs, since they occur on different iPads. That'll learn me to upgrade the OS so quick.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.