Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firemenhon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
iPadOS 15.5 on 11 m1 iPad Pro ? I am still using 14.7.1 on m1 iPad Pro 11 , is it a good choice to update to 15.5 since I want to restore the iPad Pro and let my son use it , he use it usually for web browsing , some online lesson , I am afraid it’s will slow down my device and the battery and all performance , please give me some useful advice and opinion all of you ,thanks a lot !!!

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
iPadOS 15.5 on 11 m1 iPad Pro ? I am still using 14.7.1 on m1 iPad Pro 11 , is it a good choice to update to 15.5 since I want to restore the iPad Pro and let my son use it , he use it usually for web browsing , some online lesson , I am afraid it’s will slow down my device and the battery and all performance , please give me some useful advice and opinion all of you ,thanks a lot !!!

It is very much safe to use on that iPad and will not impact performance.

dsusanj

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
I also concern that if I don’t update at this moment , apple will force me to update to iPadOS 16 very soon
Apple will not ‘force’ you as such but once iPadOS 16 is released in September, you will no longer be able to install iPadOS 15 as it will no longer be signed and available for installation. So if you want to update to iPadOS 15, do it now.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
iPadOS 15 is perfectly fine, but you don’t need to restore anything. If you want to stay on iPadOS 14, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Then set it up as new.

firemenhon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
iPadOS 15 is perfectly fine, but you don’t need to restore anything. If you want to stay on iPadOS 14, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Then set it up as new.
thanks a lot , is iPadOS perfectly fine and didnt slow down the speed and performance on it?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Speed-wise, there’s no slowdown on the M1 after upgrading to iOS 15. I expect it’ll be a few more years if and when it experiences a slowdown on basic OS/UI/UX functions.

I have the 1TB (M1/16GB) and honestly, I think support will have dropped off due to chipset features or age without performance being affected much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.