Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdivon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
Hello. I have an Iphone 1, but there is a problem. Well you need to connect it to itunes but when i did it didn't showed up. My friend
said that it's because i don't have an American sim card. Can anyone help?

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I don't *think* the SIM card should have anything to do with it showing up on the Mac.

Wait, just so I have this straight, you're using a first-gen iPhone? And you're connecting it, I assume, to an older Mac that still has iTunes installed? If so, this is truly a time capsule of a setup!

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Having a SIM card has nothing to do with getting it to connect! The main problem is iTunes does not recognize this piece of history!

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
Having a SIM card has nothing to do with getting it to connect! The main problem is iTunes does not recognize this piece of history!
That seems weird, even my M1 Mac running Sonoma will natively sync with my iPods that are all older than the original iPhone.

Last edited:

vdivon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
I don't *think* the SIM card should have anything to do with it showing up on the Mac.

Wait, just so I have this straight, you're using a first-gen iPhone? And you're connecting it, I assume, to an older Mac that still has iTunes installed? If so, this is truly a time capsule of a setup!
well. I have a macbook pro from 2011 but it has Catalina.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
What I would try is connecting to the Windows version of iTunes as this still supports every model of i-device ever made.

Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.