Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eboychik

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
NJ USA
My iPhone Xs shows in the finder, and all the old iTunes sync options show up in the finder window when I click on the phone in the sidebar, but nothing actually syncs. The "sync" completes but nothing is added to the phone - music, photos, books. Anyone else? And anyone figure it out?

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I am having that same issue, just added songs to my playlist and hit sync but nothing has been added to my phone.

Also noticing that all of the album art work for my songs are all now messed up when I did a sync with my library.

Last edited:

eboychik

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
NJ USA
I am having that same issue, just added songs to my playlist and hit sync but nothing has been added to my phone.

Also noticing that all of the album art work for my songs are all now messed up when I did a sync with my library.

I figured it out. You need to pair the phone to the Mac. Somehow I never got that message on my desktop.

So I went into my phone's Settings/General/Reset and chose reset location and privacy. Then I re-connected the phone to the Mac and I got that message. I "trusted" my computer on my phone and now it syncs. Hope this helps!

coolaaron88

macrumors regular
May 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I figured it out. You need to pair the phone to the Mac. Somehow I never got that message on my desktop.

So I went into my phone's Settings/General/Reset and chose reset location and privacy. Then I re-connected the phone to the Mac and I got that message. I "trusted" my computer on my phone and now it syncs. Hope this helps!

Perfect thank you! I will try that!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The current macOS 10.15 sync feature is highly Unreliable. I had to restart the system three times just to install iOS 13 beta 1, which is more stable compared to macOS 10.15 beta one. Yes, you need to pair the first time. No big deal.

Another thing about syncing is 10.15 seems to sync nonstop. What’s worse is my iPhone/iPad music library is significantly damaged. Many albums miss artworks. Some songs are randomly deleted from the device for no reason. I have restored to high Sierra and iTunes 12.6.5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.