Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trade in 11+14PM for 800 + add 200 cash and buy 15 Pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2020
Hey comrades,

Since september own hand me down 14PM and noticed my wrist starting to hurt.

Would i be crazy to trade-in my iphone 11 and 14PM + add 200 cash to get the base 15 pro?

The only functions is that i would appreciate a smaller one handed phone and usb-c port for my headphones to listen for podcasts at work while using the work headset. Currently not listening to anything since wearing airpods would be not so stealth.

Reactions: James6s

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Sounds pretty reasonable. I had a 14PM and it was heavy and causing me problems with carpel tunnel syndrome, wrists and hands painful etc. I now have a 15 Pro and the size & weight are perfect without feeling too small. The only trade off as mentioned above is the battery life vs the 14PM. Go for it.

Reactions: ctjack

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I've posted something similar today - albeit for a iphone 12 pro max.

I currently have a 11 and size wise it's perfect. But need a new phone and have eyes on a 12 pro max.

Other than size, what do you lose between a 12, 13, 14, 15 pro and max?

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2020
I've posted something similar today - albeit for a iphone 12 pro max.

I currently have a 11 and size wise it's perfect. But need a new phone and have eyes on a 12 pro max.

Other than size, what do you lose between a 12, 13, 14, 15 pro and max?
I personally still undecided. If i were to upgrade to 16 pro down the road, then i will lose 300 dollars or 50 a month - kinda steep if you ask me. On the other hand, if 15 pro is the last small smartphone then i will keep it and that 300 is worth it.

13 pro max - best pro max introduced efficient 5g and sheer battery.
14 pro max - nothing much changed except 48mp raw is light years ahead of previous cameras but the question is who shoots raw.
15 pro max - got size and weight reduction. Now 48mp can be used to shoot straight jpgs and probably a lot more people will utilize camera benefits this time around. Added 5x camera.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I personally still undecided. If i were to upgrade to 16 pro down the road, then i will lose 300 dollars or 50 a month - kinda steep if you ask me. On the other hand, if 15 pro is the last small smartphone then i will keep it and that 300 is worth it.

13 pro max - best pro max introduced efficient 5g and sheer battery.
14 pro max - nothing much changed except 48mp raw is light years ahead of previous cameras but the question is who shoots raw.
15 pro max - got size and weight reduction. Now 48mp can be used to shoot straight jpgs and probably a lot more people will utilize camera benefits this time around. Added 5x camera.
I personally could never ever justify a full price phone. Always go for second hand and a couple of models below the latest. All I really need it to do is, make calls, send messages, surf the web, take good pics, and some general home stuff. For this, a £300ish phone is more than enough 😁

Reactions: ctjack and Ahiqar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.