Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Since day one on both of these phones when I set one of the default wallpapers, it looks great in the preview, and then on the home screen it looks super washed out. Like all of the color has been sucked out.
I figured out that you either have to restart your phone, or respring with changing the view from standard to zoomed. Then it will be nice and vibrant color.
So I thought I’d be slick, and download the factory wallpapers off of the internet as a work around. But NO! It’s the same deal with these! I don’t know how or why.
ive tried setting up both phones as new, but that didn’t make a difference. And through all the updates, it hasn’t been fixed.
Anyone know what the deal is?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Since day one on both of these phones when I set one of the default wallpapers, it looks great in the preview, and then on the home screen it looks super washed out. Like all of the color has been sucked out.
I figured out that you either have to restart your phone, or respring with changing the view from standard to zoomed. Then it will be nice and vibrant color.
So I thought I’d be slick, and download the factory wallpapers off of the internet as a work around. But NO! It’s the same deal with these! I don’t know how or why.
ive tried setting up both phones as new, but that didn’t make a difference. And through all the updates, it hasn’t been fixed.
Anyone know what the deal is?

Are only the wallpapers washed or is the screen washed out?

The screen being washed out is a hardware defect.

Try disabling Auto Brightness, if that fixes it, your Ambient Light Sensor has failed.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Just the wallpaper. I found a thread on the Apple forums about this, but I looked through many pages here and don’t see anything about this.
iphone 11 and 11 pro max throughout all the iOS 13 updates

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.