Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lily@PITAKA

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2020
I'm thinking to upgrade my 6-year-old iPhone 6S Plus to a new iPhone, either iPhone 11 or iPhone Xs Max. But not sure which one to buy? Obviously iPhone 11 is the latest one with the newest system, but iPhone Xs Max was last year's flagship iPhone and now it's much cheaper.

elite953

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
I'm thinking to upgrade my 6-year-old iPhone 6S Plus to a new iPhone, either iPhone 11 or iPhone Xs Max. But not sure which one to buy? Obviously iPhone 11 is the latest one with the newest system, but iPhone Xs Max was last year's flagship iPhone and now it's much cheaper.

instead of iphone 11, i think you better go for iphone 11 pro max

elite953

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
Well, it's more expensive. The iPhone 11 and iPhone Xs Max are almost the same prices.

Iphone 11 has Liquid Retina IPS LCD where iPhone XS max has super retina OLED display, so colors will not be sharp and bright in iphone 11. I think its better you buy iphone XS max if you dont have enough money for newer 11 pro max.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
If they’re the same price, go with the iPhone 11 for the better camera. I have a XS Max and XR, and my eyes easily adjusted the XR screen. I found the 5.8-inch too small for me (it felt like the iPhone 8) and at times I feel like the 6.5-inch iPhone is too big. I love the size of the XR.

Reactions: MarkX

Lily@PITAKA

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2020
Iphone 11 has Liquid Retina IPS LCD where iPhone XS max has super retina OLED display, so colors will not be sharp and bright in iphone 11. I think its better you buy iphone XS max if you dont have enough money for newer 11 pro max.

Considering the overall value I would choose iPhone XS Max, but does iPhone 11 have any surprising feature that's better than iPhone XS Max?
[automerge]1585035757[/automerge]
If they’re the same price, go with the iPhone 11 for the better camera. I have a XS Max and XR, and my eyes easily adjusted the XR screen. I found the 5.8-inch too small for me (it felt like the iPhone 8) and at times I feel like the 6.5-inch iPhone is too big. I love the size of the XR.

I heard that if you are not a professional photographer, the camera is only a little better than the previous iPhone camera. What do you think?

adam1314

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
St. Louis
The iPhone 11 has better battery life and a better camera. The iPhone XS Max has smaller bezels and a better screen. It depends on what is most important to you.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
You can’t go wrong with either. I wouldn’t let the different screens sway your decision, they’re both excellent just different.

For me it comes down to a couple of things, size and price.

You can obviously handle the size of the Max being as you have a 6s plus, are you happy with that size? If not the 11 imo is the perfect size.

Can you get a new Max for the same price as a new 11? If not that means you’d be buying a used older phone (Max)when you could have a new newer phone(11)?

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
The iPhone 11 is an amazing phone. The camera improvements over the XS should be more than enough reason. The XS is about to hit two years old. It’s not a good investment at this point. Don’t go for the Pro Models. In terms of performance and specs they are complete equals. They have the same processor and ram as the standard 11. It’s more of a bells and whistles type thing. Save the money and get you some AirPods or an Apple Watch.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
Sure, get the 11 if you want a display that is under 1080p, and ips.

I got my XS Max 256 for under 600 usd. Beautiful phone, its just not the newest anymore.

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
We have (in Slovakia) great sales - XS Max 512 GB for 855 eur or iphone 11 128GB for 785 eur.
I have a iPhone 11 128GB but i can't stop thinking about XS Max 512 GB :D

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
I also coming from 6s plus, now using a red iPhone 11, the biggest improvement I notice right-away is the dual speaker compare to the 6s, also the camera are suppose to be better on low light and deep fusion.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
XS Max is more premium with a better screen, but 11 is faster with a better camera. I say the 11 because it's newer, but it's only a couple hundred more for an 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max so you may as well spend a little extra and have the best of both of those. The 11 models will also hold their value better so you can have more for trade to go towards the next iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.