Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sato30

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2018
OH, US
I saw Haptic Touch on screen so I think its safe to say 3D Touch is gone. I've been beta testing iOS 13 on my XR and they have been expanding Haptic Touch with each beta update to cover what 3D Touch used to do even with some third party apps. Like with the eBay and Reddit apps by doing a long press I got some of the 3D Touch options back I used to have with my old 6s Plus. With iOS 12 I didn't have those options.

Reactions: Oohara and Peter K.

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
3D touch was a bit of a gimmick.. it was more complicated than it should've been. Some menus would do different things to others whereas some areas you wouldn't even get extra options.
Haptic touch will become so much better, also the batteries in the 11 Pro models must be substantially bigger if they can squeeze in 4-5 more hours of battery life.
It will take some getting used to coming from an iP7 but it will be a lot easier to use day to day I reckon

djcraze

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
3D touch was a bit of a gimmick.. it was more complicated than it should've been. Some menus would do different things to others whereas some areas you wouldn't even get extra options.
Haptic touch will become so much better, also the batteries in the 11 Pro models must be substantially bigger if they can squeeze in 4-5 more hours of battery life.
It will take some getting used to coming from an iP7 but it will be a lot easier to use day to day I reckon
That doesn't sound much like a hardware issue though. Sounds like Apple could have fixed all of this confusion with software. 3D Touch was and is amazing. Long pressing takes too long and causes too many misfires for me.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
That doesn't sound much like a hardware issue though. Sounds like Apple could have fixed all of this confusion with software. 3D Touch was and is amazing. Long pressing takes too long and causes too many misfires for me.

The issue was you never knew what it would do across apps. If it was more of a universal action people would probably have used it more. It reminds me of the Touch Bar. I find myself rarely using it outside of finder because it changes with each app. A more direct comparison is Force Touch on the trackpads. I used it the first day, but I have no idea what it does anywhere outside of safari.

Reactions: djcraze

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne - Australia
Respectfully I feel the opposite, day to day basis lately I've found just giving up on 3D touch was easier than trying to use it. It's made me see the reasons they are swapping it out for haptic touch and the benefits of larger batteries

Reactions: djcraze
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.