Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SidTheSloth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
My new iPhone 11 Pro battery is draining quite quickly.
It drains quickly but sometimes it will stay on the same percentage for 10-15 minutes and then go down a few percent in the same amount of time.
I only have it three days. I have background app refresh turned off and the brightness is under half. The software is up to date (iOS 13.3).

This is the second 11 Pro I have had now. I had to return the first one due to it having the same battery issue.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem? :(

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
My new iPhone 11 Pro battery is draining quite quickly.
It drains quickly but sometimes it will stay on the same percentage for 10-15 minutes and then go down a few percent in the same amount of time.
I only have it three days. I have background app refresh turned off and the brightness is under half. The software is up to date (iOS 13.3).

This is the second 11 Pro I have had now. I had to return the first one due to it having the same battery issue.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem? :(

If it's the same issue, can you still exchange it for another? I wouldn't waste time to troubleshoot it if I can have it exchanged anyway.

Reactions: SidTheSloth

SidTheSloth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
Do a DFU. Set It up afresh. Don’t restore from backup. Could also be a signal issue.
Thank you!
[automerge]1579279560[/automerge]
If it's the same issue, can you still exchange it for another? I wouldn't waste time to troubleshoot it if I can have it exchanged anyway.
I might just do that, it’s the fear of getting another defective one though :(

SidTheSloth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
I have just requested to return it... again? the battery went down 18% in one hour...

Kidder1994

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Yeah, poor signal reception or a battery drain app running in the background can be the issue.

The battery on my 11 Pro lasts 2 days on a single charge...

Dale Mead

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2019
Forgive my ignorance, but what's a DFU? (It ain't cool, but it's best to assume some readers are dumb like me And spell out technical terms.) (For me at least, please.) (Okay, I know what a URL is...)

SidTheSloth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
Did you manage to get this resolved?

No i didn’t :(
Got a replacement sent out and it had a crack in the back of it and two other marks. Sent it straight back.

Got another replacement and the camera was extremely shaky and the power button was faulty. :(

I’ve sent that one back for a refund...

I’ve given up on it completely I don’t know what to do, whether to buy it in a shop or what.
[automerge]1580925956[/automerge]
I got a replacement phone sent out and it had a crack in the back of it and two other marks. Sent it straight back.

Got another replacement and the camera was extremely shaky and the power button was faulty. :(

I’ve sent that one back for a refund...

I’ve given up on it completely I don’t know what to do, whether to buy it in a shop or what.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.