Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2018
So my launch week iPhone 11 Pro Max is already at 85% capacity and 490 cycles (comes as no surprise since it's been my main computer since quarantine started).

I've seen other people had issues with the official battery health meter going down fast, but no cases of actual wear such as mine. Anyone there has actually replaced a battery on their iPhone 11 through Apple? Are they doing it already?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So my launch week iPhone 11 Pro Max is already at 85% capacity and 490 cycles (comes as no surprise since it's been my main computer since quarantine started).

I've seen other people had issues with the official battery health meter going down fast, but no cases of actual wear such as mine. Anyone there has actually replaced a battery on their iPhone 11 through Apple? Are they doing it already?
They can do it pretty much at any time these days, as long as you pay for the replacement.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Since the pandemic started, I’ve been using my 11 Pro a lot more (chalk that up to working from home). I purchased the phone in late October 2019 and the battery recently dropped to 89% capacity, according to battery stats. Oddly, CoconutBattery shows that it’s at 85.5%, with 300 cycles. Since I’m keeping the phone for another year, I plan on having the battery replaced within the next few months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.