Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SidTheSloth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
Hi there,
I have had four different faulty iPhone 11 Pros over the past month and a half. All ordered from Apple Online Store.
First one had battery problems, second one the battery was even worse. The third one arrived with a crack in the back and two other marks on it. And the fourth one had a shaky camera and faulty power button.

Has anybody else had the same problem with Apple recently?

I don’t know what to do at this stage, whether to buy the iPhone in a physical store or order online. It is the fear of getting another faulty one.
I was wondering if I got a different Colour would that make any difference?

It’s like there is a faulty batch going around or something... :(

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
:confused: I think you are just unlucky.

I’d go to a store and open the box right there to check.

I don’t think colour makes a difference here.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
If there was a faulty "batch", for example, it'd be all over the forums, so the likelihood of your issues being from a bad batch is slim, especially this far out after release. Even the chances that all of your phones were from the same batch is highly unlikely. Color also wouldn't affect your chances of getting a perfect phone either. With that said, if I were you, I'd definitely purchase in store like @Lekro said. Seems luck isn't with you, or you're just looking too hard for the perfect iPhone. Which may/may not exist. Good luck!

SidTheSloth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2020
If there was a faulty "batch", for example, it'd be all over the forums, so the likelihood of your issues being from a bad batch is slim, especially this far out after release. Even the chances that all of your phones were from the same batch is highly unlikely. Color also wouldn't affect your chances of getting a perfect phone either. With that said, if I were you, I'd definitely purchase in store like @Lekro said. Seems luck isn't with you, or you're just looking too hard for the perfect iPhone. Which may/may not exist. Good luck!

I live in Ireland where there is no physical Apple store, so I ordered it off an official reseller and it seems to be working fine. Apart from a laggy safari app where pages won’t load sometimes, but I’m guessing that’s just a software issue! 6th time lucky?

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Glad it's working for you! The only reason I don't subscribe to the batch theory as an issue, is that even consecutive boxes picked from the same inventory at an Apple store for example, would have a very low chance of being from the same batch.

dogg

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
Scotland
I would agree with the above statement. But I have had many iPhones that displayed the “yellow screen” issue that has plagued iPhones for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.