Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCookieMonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
Hi:

Just ran a comparison against the two phones on apple website and trying to see how I can justify not moving from the 11 Pro to the 13 Pro but rather just the 13.

Anyone looked at this already and can share thoughts?

I always go pro in the past but have FOMO I guess, but I am determined to look at this objectively and this year I am leaning towards the 13.

Is there anything I would be loosing out on apart from the tele lens for photography making move? I know it would loose stainless steel body but don't see that as a problem.

Is there anyone that moved from 11 Pro already to the 12 that could advise on anything they missed?

Not sure the Promotion and Lidar are enough to justify the need to go pro and think the other options are great but probably less real world need...

Reactions: Wackery

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Hi:

Just ran a comparison against the two phones on apple website and trying to see how I can justify not moving from the 11 Pro to the 13 Pro but rather just the 13.

Anyone looked at this already and can share thoughts?

I always go pro in the past but have FOMO I guess, but I am determined to look at this objectively and this year I am leaning towards the 13.

Is there anything I would be loosing out on apart from the tele lens for photography making move? I know it would loose stainless steel body but don't see that as a problem.

Is there anyone that moved from 11 Pro already to the 12 that could advise on anything they missed?

Not sure the Promotion and Lidar are enough to justify the need to go pro and think the other options are great but probably less real world need...
Going from iPhone 13 to iPhone 13 Pro represents a bigger update than going from iPhone 12 to iPhone 12 Pro.

The iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 were very similar, with the same processor and screen. The iPhone 12 Pro had a better camera system and the LiDAR Scanner, in addition to a more premium construction. As I am no camera freak, my use would not justify buying the iPhone 12 Pro instead of the regular iPhone 12 last year, as they were basically the same phone.

This year, things are different. In addition to having better cameras and the LiDAR Scanner, the iPhone 13 Pro has an additional GPU, a faster screen (120Hz, Apple calls it ProMotion) which is also brighter, and battery life is also better.

Apple has a tool to compare the iPhone versions which can be found here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/. You can compare all models, including the iPhone 11 Pro with the iPhone 13 to check what you would be missing in making the move.

When making the move, I suppose you would miss a camera, as the iPhone 11 Pro has a triple-camera system, while the iPhone 13 has dual lens. But the advances in iPhone 13 cameras may make up for it. Also, the iPhone 11 Pro has a more premium build, with steel instead of aluminum as in the iPhone 11. The other main differences would be the screen (the iPhone 13 is 6.1" while the iPhone 11 Pro is 5.8") and the fact that the iPhone 13 has a faster processor (however, the iPhone 11 Pro is probably more than fast enough for most people). Overall, the iPhone 13 is a better phone.

Said that, I do not think that you objectively need to update your phone, unless you really need 5G or a bigger screen. Apart from that, it may simply not be worth it. The iPhone 11 Pro is a great phone and it already has most of the features of the iPhone 13. The iPhone 13 Pro may give you a faster and brighter screen, but not the regular iPhone 13. You may also check whether the camera improvements are worth it. As for the rest, you may well keep your current phone for the next year.

MrCookieMonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
Going from iPhone 13 to iPhone 13 Pro represents a bigger update than going from iPhone 12 to iPhone 12 Pro.

The iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 were very similar, with the same processor and screen. The iPhone 12 Pro had a better camera system and the LiDAR Scanner, in addition to a more premium construction. As I am no camera freak, my use would not justify buying the iPhone 12 Pro instead of the regular iPhone 12 last year, as they were basically the same phone.

This year, things are different. In addition to having better cameras and the LiDAR Scanner, the iPhone 13 Pro has an additional GPU, a faster screen (120Hz, Apple calls it ProMotion) which is also brighter, and battery life is also better.

Apple has a tool to compare the iPhone versions which can be found here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/. You can compare all models, including the iPhone 11 Pro with the iPhone 13 to check what you would be missing in making the move.

When making the move, I suppose you would miss a camera, as the iPhone 11 Pro has a triple-camera system, while the iPhone 13 has dual lens. But the advances in iPhone 13 cameras may make up for it. Also, the iPhone 11 Pro has a more premium build, with steel instead of aluminum as in the iPhone 11. The other main differences would be the screen (the iPhone 13 is 6.1" while the iPhone 11 Pro is 5.8") and the fact that the iPhone 13 has a faster processor (however, the iPhone 11 Pro is probably more than fast enough for most people). Overall, the iPhone 13 is a better phone.

Said that, I do not think that you objectively need to update your phone, unless you really need 5G or a bigger screen. Apart from that, it may simply not be worth it. The iPhone 11 Pro is a great phone and it already has most of the features of the iPhone 13. The iPhone 13 Pro may give you a faster and brighter screen, but not the regular iPhone 13. You may also check whether the camera improvements are worth it. As for the rest, you may well keep your current phone for the next year.
Some good takes there.

Have to say I am partially driven by the design - not for the looks as such but more that I have never gelled with with curved edges and much prefer the squared off design to use.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
I have an 11 and I have no intentions of going for a 13 or 13 pro, there just isn't enough in it for me to justify best part of £1000 or £50 a month extra on a contract.

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
I have the 11 pro, I won't even consider upgrading until at least next year. But that's just me. My 11 pro does everything I want and need to do and I don't need 5g just yet. But at the end of the day it is your choice, whatever decision you make enjoy :)

Reactions: Wackery and anthdci
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.