Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmorales

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Spain
I just bought a black iPhone 11 Pro Max and I’m worried about the steel frame getting tiny scratches all over it. I’m using a Spigen clear case and I’m constantly checking if there’s stuff caught in between the case and the frame.

What’s your experience?

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I went for the X then XS Max is plain stainless steel for this very reason, but then braved it with 11 Pro Max and getting it in Space Grey.

I've had it in mainly two cases, Ringke Fusion-X and Spigen Gauntlet and when I take it off every few weeks to clean it's always been in pristine condition.

I dare say if you work in construction or similar then you may have to maybe be a bit more wary, but otherwise I don't you're have the problem you're worried about. :)

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've used my 11 Pro for about six months without a case and I can find one scratch on the steel and the only time I can see it is if I'm angling the phone in the sunlight to look for it.

If you're using a case you're more likely to get scratches due to what you mentioned with grit getting in there.

pmorales

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Spain
I went for the X then XS Max is plain stainless steel for this very reason, but then braved it with 11 Pro Max and getting it in Space Grey.

I've had it in mainly two cases, Ringke Fusion-X and Spigen Gauntlet and when I take it off every few weeks to clean it's always been in pristine condition.

I dare say if you work in construction or similar then you may have to maybe be a bit more wary, but otherwise I don't you're have the problem you're worried about. :)
Thanks for the input! Are your cameras in good condition?

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
I just bought a black iPhone 11 Pro Max and I’m worried about the steel frame getting tiny scratches all over it. I’m using a Spigen clear case and I’m constantly checking if there’s stuff caught in between the case and the frame.

What’s your experience?

The case will probaly get damaged more with the case on, the using the phone naked.
or you will have to clean out the case from debris every day.
It is amazing how much crap there is inside an avarage trouser pocket :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.